Support

Open search

Apps storage space issue

Highlighted
Apprentice

Installed the new update. Storage went from 3% free to 5% free. No other obvious differences. Disney+ installed itself and can't be deleted. 

Highlighted
Apprentice
Hi! If anybody from Samsung is listening, the quickest fix would be to deploy a small update to reduce the size of the emanual. the emanual app is almost 100mb in size, in comparison with all other apps being less than 5mb. I don't think anybody would care about the stock apps if they could just install updates!
Highlighted
Explorer

Hi, 

You need to do hard reset after you install new upgrade as been described before. After that memory will go up to 20% free. 

Highlighted
Helping Hand

Really? Can anyone else verify that, particularly if any freed up space remains free after using the TV for a while? I find 20% hard to believe.

Highlighted
Apprentice

The update did free up extra space for me. The hard reset took it all away again!

Highlighted
Explorer

Yes mine did. First I updated, memory went from 0%available to 5%. Then did a hard reset (with pressing power button down etc) and ot went to 17%

See before and after hard reset. 

IMG_20200303_200342.jpg

IMG_20200302_234737.jpg

Highlighted
Navigator

@Tony47 wrote:

Really? Can anyone else verify that, particularly if any freed up space remains free after using the TV for a while? I find 20% hard to believe.

Mines currently at 19% on my 55" TV, after Plex and Emby has been installed.

Highlighted
Apprentice

I went from 10% (pre update), to 17% (post update), to 7% (after a hard reset). 

I have two extra apps - Now TV and BritBox - neither have particularly impacted.

I have noticed that the eManual is the largest app (on the "Delete to create space" dialogue its listed as being above 90mb) so if Samsung could find a way to reduce the file size of that it would be grand.

Highlighted
Explorer

It looks like they released another uodate on 24th of March.

Software 1294.1 anyone knows the difference between this one and the first fix came out which was 1292.3? It is worth updating again? I currently have 17% free

Highlighted
Apprentice

I updated this morning via USB (my only option... Not enough space for an OTA update, surprisingly!)... The update freed a bit of space, but a hard reset took it away again!

(I've checked, and post hard reset I'm still on 1294.1.)

Top Liked Authors