Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 23-02-2020 01:12 PM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

What does this do? Is it to delete the manual or something else?

0 Likes
Gavoo
Apprentice
Options

@Tony47 wrote:

It's the software that's supposed to fix the storage space issue.

Nothing to do with manual.

0 Likes
Vengeance72
Pioneer
Options

@Gavoo wrote:

@Tony47 wrote:

It's also useful to point to your source rather than making some random post.

Where is the link to the updated firmware, instructions and details that support what you are stating? So far, Samsung UK have advise me directly that this is still in testing.

0 Likes
Gavoo
Apprentice
Options

@Vengeance72 wrote:

@Gavoo wrote:

@Tony47 wrote:

Where is the link to the updated firmware, instructions and details that support what you are stating? So far, Samsung UK have advise me directly that this is still in testing.

Sorry I'm new to these forums and was replying to the original repprted fault. You should be able to update software now just by searching for software update. If it doesn't find it over internet then you should be able to find it over the air.

I don't have a link but I have my sources.

0 Likes
Vengeance72
Pioneer
Options

@Gavoo wrote:

@Vengeance72 wrote:

@Gavoo wrote:

@Tony47 wrote:

Sorry I'm new to these forums and was replying to the original repprted fault. You should be able to update software now just by searching for software update. If it doesn't find it over internet then you should be able to find it over the air.

I don't have a link but I have my sources.

Ok, the point of this is that alot of people CANT update OTA because they have run out of space and have no way to remove apps or data from the inbuilt storage. For example one of my affected TVs the only way it could possibly be updated is via download/USB drive, so I can only wait until it's available offline. I understand you're new but it was a bit absctract and random in the midst of a myriad of other content.

If you've managed to do this it's unique to you and maybe a small number of other people, but seriously if you're going to post read the thread first. 

As far as 'you have your sources goes', you make it sound like its some covert ghost operation, please be transparant othewise it's just annoying.

mazzinia
Navigator
Options

I don't think i see it offered here in italy

Model : UE40NU7192

Sw : T-KTSUDEUC-1290.4

0 Likes
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

@Gavoo wrote:

The TV software needs updating to T-KTM2DEUC-1292.3 or later. (You can see this in Menu > Support > About this TV.)

You then need to flash reset the TV:

-With the TV on, press & hold standby key on TV for 5 seconds.

-Release and immediately press & hold standby key for 5 seconds.

If done correctly, the atV should restart.

Wait for the TV to completely boot up (home bar appears and then disappears) and check available memory.

Do you know for sure that this works to free up storage space, and if so, how do you know?

I just checked and the latest UK firmware available for download from the Samsung site is 1290.4 (November 2019). Which country has 1292.3?

0 Likes
mazzinia
Navigator
Options

Well,

italy has that 1292.1 that I posted/mentioned some days ago, offered as manual download. But that's nowhere near a .3

0 Likes
Joen31
First Poster
Options

Would the Italian firmware work in the UK? My TV is running on 1290.?

0 Likes
mazzinia
Navigator
Options

I've no clue...

mine is not an italian model, in theory is an east european model side imported in Italy, if I got it right.

Yet I get this

https://www.samsung.com/it/support/model/UE40NU7192UXXH/

if I search with my precise model number.

0 Likes