Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 14-01-2020 10:52 AM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
GrahamW
Journeyman
Options

Long story short, It came down to me writing a consumer rights letter to Argos stating that they were in breach of contract. Argos came back to me saying that as the tv was over 6 months old I had to prove that the fault had always been there.

I then spoke to the guys that you gave me the details of and another engineer who I was liaising with but then @Fernando-2 advised to write to the UK CEO of Samsung.

So I sent an email to the UK CEO of Samsung, telling him the issues that I had been going through with trying to get a refund for this tv and I asked if he would confirm that there is a fault on the NU7400 range as this would then enable me to go back to Argos for a resolution. They emailed back that day confirming a 'manufacturer's issue'. This was enough for me to go back to Argos with.

Argos customer service then agreed to refund but as I had bought it in a store I had to go back to them and it would be at the stores discretion. So I took all my emails into the store and they agreed to a refund almost straight away but it would be a pro-rata refund, I wasn't overly pleased with that as I had been fobbed off for months and didnt see why I should have to pay for my ownership of a faulty tv, so I showed them the early emails and the dates on them and they then agreed to a full refund. It's been a long winded process but got there in the end. This forum has helped give me the impetus to keep going as otherwise I may have just given up which is what they are hoping you will do. If anyone needs any further advice on what I did then just shoot me an email and I will gladly help.

Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

Well played, especially getting such a clear admission of a defect from the CEO's office. That will be very helpful to others.

Goody1
Pioneer
Options
Is there any chance of you sending me that email about the fault, as I am still waiting for Richer Sounds to pull their finger out.

They are still stating it is not a fault.
0 Likes
GrahamW
Journeyman
Options

@Goody1  email sent, hope it helps.

0 Likes
Goody1
Pioneer
Options
Thanks GrahamW
0 Likes
mazzinia
Navigator
Options

Something that possibly will interest everyone.

My tv suddenly went from 4% to 23% free space... I never ever saw 23% free even when turned on for the first time

0 Likes
Goody1
Pioneer
Options

Well that is interesting. Have you tried to install any apps ?

0 Likes
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

@mazzinia wrote:

Something that possibly will interest everyone.

My tv suddenly went from 4% to 23% free space... I never ever saw 23% free even when turned on for the first time

How much storage do you now have in GB? Have Samsung made a breakthrough?! :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

0 Likes
mazzinia
Navigator
Options

nah, the total storage didn't change ( at least visually ), just the free space shifted to 190MB , and the used space went down to 660.

(and no, didn't add something extra yet)

0 Likes
Goody1
Pioneer
Options

Wow, if mine went to 190mb from the current 0mb (which changes regularly ), I wouldn't be arguing with Richer Sounds and Samsung!

0 Likes