Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 25-11-2019 07:10 PM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
Goody1
Pioneer
Options

Is the support guy that is coming out to you from from John Lewis or from Samsung?

0 Likes
Richwillis
First Poster
Options

Hi guys I have the 65nu7400 and have just come across this thread I bought my tv from John Lewis online and via credit card 7 months ago and I'm also experiencing the storage space full issue. I'll be ringing John Lewis today and see what they suggest .... After reading this whole thread it seems I may be quicker just to go straight to section 75 of my credit card.

0 Likes
Maxhitz
Apprentice
Options

They refuse to acknowledge this forum is the biggest ***** off

they refuse to reply any email to avoid e'trail

repairman have arrived today to change mobo, its in russian now... thanks samsung

0 Likes
Goody1
Pioneer
Options
Did it use up more memory?
0 Likes
DrummerMG
First Poster
Options

In answer to:

Is the support guy that is coming out to you from from John Lewis or from Samsung?

It sounds like it's a third party, Samsung authorised, company - ICTV Sales & Services.

0 Likes
Goody1
Pioneer
Options

Phew there goes an afternoon!!!

After a mammoth 2 hours 58 minutes onto Samsung , an engineer is visiting us on Tuesday 3rd Dec to 'repair' the tv due to 'insufficient memory on the mainboard"

We went through various attempts including the cold reboot , hub reset, usb stick software upgrade, which seemd to give me an extra 1% of memory (a winner!)

Seems to me, like he will replace the mainboard and voila, nothing will change !

Nigelcorgi
First Poster
Options
I bought the 49" Curved Samsung HW-M4500 from John Lewis and when I tried to install Britbox, got the not enough storage space message. Also cannot delete several of the apps that came preinstalled that I do not use. Rakuten TV etc. Was going to call Samsung, should I or should I buy the extra storage thingy. Need to do something before my free trial expires
0 Likes
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

@Nigelcorgi wrote:
I bought the 49" Curved Samsung HW-M4500 from John Lewis and when I tried to install Britbox, got the not enough storage space message. Also cannot delete several of the apps that came preinstalled that I do not use. Rakuten TV etc. Was going to call Samsung, should I or should I buy the extra storage thingy. Need to do something before my free trial expires

The HW-M4500 is a sound bar. What TV do you have?

0 Likes
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

@Goody1 wrote:

Phew there goes an afternoon!!!

After a mammoth 2 hours 58 minutes onto Samsung , an engineer is visiting us on Tuesday 3rd Dec to 'repair' the tv due to 'insufficient memory on the mainboard"

We went through various attempts including the cold reboot , hub reset, usb stick software upgrade, which seemd to give me an extra 1% of memory (a winner!)

Seems to me, like he will replace the mainboard and voila, nothing will change !

Yes, nothing will change as the replacement board will be exactly the same as the current board, with the same amount of memory. A waste of everybody's time and something that Samsung has done repeatedly for no good reason.

0 Likes
Badaboing
Explorer
Options

So I finally decided to get in touch with my retailer (Crampton & Moore) just so I'd made them aware within my 12 month warranty period. This was the reply I received today:

-------------------------------------------------------

Good afternoon,

Re your below email, Several retailers including ourselves have been in contact with Samsung regarding the storages issues with their TV model number UE43NU7400, please see below response from Samsung:

“A simple “Smart Hub Reset” will resolve the issue completely as we’ve made changes to the number & size of the “Default Apps” loaded on the TV.

If they’re unable to complete this task by themselves, the Contact Centre can talk them through it.

If they have previously carried out trouble shooting including a Smart Hub Reset, it would not have been effective until we made the changes in the background.  They need to do it now & it’ll be working fine.”

We hope that the above official information provided by Samsung will rectify your problem.

Kind Regards

Stacey

Customer Care After Sales Advisor

Unit 2B, Shortwood Business Court, Hoyland, Barnsley, S74 9LH

01226 350754 | www.cramptonandmoore.co.uk

----------------------------------------------------

I've been following this thread quite closely and I'm not aware of any other mentions from Samsung or retailers of "changes in the background" that will take effect after a Smart Hub Reset. It seems other posters have carried out resets in the last few days without success so this appears to be more misinformation. As others have pointed out, the most likely explanation is that these TVs simply don't have sufficient internal storage and that's a hardware issue that cannot be resolved by a software fix.

0 Likes