Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 08-10-2019 09:46 AM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
AQuALoRd
Explorer
Options

I will abandon this thread because after more than 7 months I have not had this problem again. I only saw the error twice (one month and 3 months after buying the TV) and it was solved by re-installing some apps and letting the other update alone.

For the ones this is a more recurring issue I hope Samsung do something for you.

0 Likes
bIOforger
Navigator
Options
Yea same here, not had the update error issue since 2 firmware updates ago and all the apps i have installed are getting regularly updated. This is really only an issue now for people who wish to install lots of applications, but you can of course use external storage for that if need be.
0 Likes
Intruder461
Pioneer
Options

Just letting you folks know I am still reading up on the thread and I have had no issues with the TV at all as of yet and I have now had the TV since March. I am still waiting to get an update error and have no idea if the last two firmware updates have sorted out this situation or not. Regarding using a USB Flash drive for storage, I myself have never plugged one in the TV and my wife is the one who uses the TV more than myself and she uses the talktalk TV Box we have for recording anyway so there is no need to use a USB. But so far touch wood all is still well and I am happy with the quality of the picture and the TV and use it myself for my Blu Rays and to watch films on Netflix and Amazon Prime occasionally. 

juggy503
Apprentice
Options

@mazzinia wrote:

After how much time (months) did it start to be unresponsive ?

approx 4-5months. 

0 Likes
mazzinia
Navigator
Options

thanks

0 Likes
abrar-mohammed
Journeyman
Options

Morning Fellas

The engineer came round on Friday and replaced the board on my TV which seemed to have resolved the issue as I can now install new Apps. I am still very annoyed that memory space provided is very limited.

I do not know if there will be any further steps from Samsung (although the engineer also told me that Samsung have specifically requested that the board from my TV should be returned back to Samsung ASAP for analysis and testing).

Will let you know if anything changes or if there any updates

thanks

VKS3385
Journeyman
Options

Hello guys, I m a user from india and I m having same issues with my 55NU7090. Bought my tv 4mnths ago. B4 buying i asked samsung cc about its RAM and internal storage. They told me NU 7 series have 1.25gb to 1.5gb of RAM and 4GB flash storage. I trust and bought the tv. Just recently 25 oct 2019 i see tht the total storage is just 816MB. While onboard storage is written 4GB. I contacted samsung again and they told me same RAM and storage again. I have around 4 to 5 call recording of them telling me infos. I created a service request. 2 of the engineer visited me within a week and both said its what u got, as tizen Os and inbuilt apps took up all the space. I asked them i agree what u said, but it should be showing in apps setting too what is used and what is available. And how big is tizen OS and inbuilt apps. At maxx it should be around 2GB. So i should be getting 2GB available. He scratches his head in surprise on my knowledge. He dont dnow i m a techy frm last 10 years and know better how a flash storage works. He took the matter to his senior engineer in Bangalore branch. But to my surprise he dont even know the difference between RAM and Storage. Everytime i asked him about storage he told me about its Memory aka RAM is 1.25gb to 1.5gb. And after a week of internal investigation, god knows what they investigated, they close my call without my concern of issue resolution. I then call again on 2nd nov 2019 and create a service request. I told them to be serious about my complaint, as i have all the call recording from B4 buying tv to till now. And i can seriously damage their repo over social media and go to consumer court against samsung, as samsung has told me b4 buying the tv and its now upto the promised. They took the call to higher level and within 1 hour i get a call from area nodal officer and she agreed what i said and asked me to wait for few days and promised to resolve my issue asap. I think this a whole series 7 lineup issue as samsung told customer about 1.25gb ram and 4gb storage. They get data frm samsung and it is checked by samsung b4 giving any info. Maybe whole series 7 NU xxxx have a manufacturing defect on their mobo flash storage. Thats why ppl from all over the world having this same issue. I m trying to get my issue resolved. Else i will get some legal help. Will post what happened next ........

Maxhitz
Apprentice
Options

I have a J series guys... It's the same ***** as 2019 models

It's not a known issue for 2019 or 2018... It's a known issue for 5 years or more

Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

@VKS3385 wrote:

Hello guys, I m a user from india and I m having same issues with my 55NU7090. Bought my tv 4mnths ago. B4 buying i asked samsung cc about its RAM and internal storage. They told me NU 7 series have 1.25gb to 1.5gb of RAM and 4GB flash storage. I trust and bought the tv. 

Hi, it's good to hear from a techie who can confirm that the issues we've all been experiencing are real. Samsung's behaviour has been shameful, especially lying to customers, as they've done repeatedly. I hope you can get a refund. Keep us posted.

Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

@Maxhitz wrote:

I have a J series guys... It's the same ***** as 2019 models

It's not a known issue for 2019 or 2018... It's a known issue for 5 years or more

I didn't know that. Extraordinary. I wonder if it's all models that are affected or just batches? This has never been established. I can't understand why Samsung would install what is clearly an insufficient amount of storage in these models, when their other models have a standard 4 to 5GB, as their latest 2019 range has (the RU range).