Support

Open search

Apps storage space issue

Black Belt 

@zarf2007 wrote:

have appealed to paypal but they have denied it with the following response:

 

We've reviewed the transaction(s) and are denying your claim(s). We understand the item associated with this case has been altered while in your possession. Because of this, we are unable to determine whether the item is significantly different than originally described, and we are unable to grant your claim.

We're sorry for any problems you may have experienced with the transaction(s).

 

I have stated to them that the Consumer Rights Act 2015 states that the retailer must be given an opportunity to repair the item so by doing this are they saying it breaches paypal payment protection policy thereby impacting my consumer rights? I have asked them to show me their policy that states this.

 

 


I think you now need to demand where they got the information that it had been altered. You need to show that it was a repair not an alteration. 

This is the crux, why are they insisting that you had the tv altered? 

You must again restate that it kept coming up with the error when it tried to update but in apps. It was recognized as a fault as the main board was replaced by an authorized company, not altered. The repair did not work, therefore under the October 2015 European Consumer Law, after 30 days you must allow one attempt at repair. If that does not fix the problem, you are entitled to a full refund. 

Again go to the Which site dealing with these regs and use the template to draft a letter, and send that to them with this information. 

Outrageous. 

Explorer

PayPal are totally useless, I had an issue with a purchase (not Samsung TV) and they rejected the claim. When asked for an explanation they gave some generic replies and refused to expand further.

 

I refuse to use PayPal unless it’s the only option and for something cheap now.

Black Belt 

@JamieKS wrote:

PayPal are totally useless, I had an issue with a purchase (not Samsung TV) and they rejected the claim. When asked for an explanation they gave some generic replies and refused to expand further.

 

I refuse to use PayPal unless it’s the only option and for something cheap now.


I would never buy anything via PayPal, as you loose the section 75 protection, which is one of the strongest consumer protection in the world. Same issue if you buy from a third party on Amazon. 

Apprentice
Hi guys just back with an update.

AO keeled over when the consumer credit act 2015 was mentioned.

The repairman replaced the main board which actually made the issue worse(available memory at 3%) following that I called AO to tell them the repair was unsucessful, and that the CCA clearly states only one repair is allowed before you have the right to reject it. They then said that they had spoke to samsung who would be able to perform a software update of some kind later in the week and this would repair it, I again pointed out that there first repair was unsucessful and wasnt prepared to give them another chance. After endless hold music they came back and tried to say it doesnt count as a repair as no diagnostic was carried out before fitting the board. I firmly told them that this was besides the point and its not my fault they chose to make the wrong repair. After some more hold music he came back and asked me which TV I would like as a replacement.

AO and presumably most retailers will try to point the finger at Samsung because they know as the retalier they are responsible here. They will clutch at straws and use all sorts of shady tactics but the law is definitely on the side of the consumer here.

Thanks for the advice given to me by posters on here, anyone else experiencing the same scenario im confident youll be able to get the outcome you want if you're persistent in quoting the law and dont allow yourself to be fobbed off by them.

Highlighted
Black Belt 

@XhakaLaca wrote:
Hi guys just back with an update.

AO keeled over when the consumer credit act 2015 was mentioned.

The repairman replaced the main board which actually made the issue worse(available memory at 3%) following that I called AO to tell them the repair was unsucessful, and that the CCA clearly states only one repair is allowed before you have the right to reject it. They then said that they had spoke to samsung who would be able to perform a software update of some kind later in the week and this would repair it, I again pointed out that there first repair was unsucessful and wasnt prepared to give them another chance. After endless hold music they came back and tried to say it doesnt count as a repair as no diagnostic was carried out before fitting the board. I firmly told them that this was besides the point and its not my fault they chose to make the wrong repair. After some more hold music he came back and asked me which TV I would like as a replacement.

AO and presumably most retailers will try to point the finger at Samsung because they know as the retalier they are responsible here. They will clutch at straws and use all sorts of shady tactics but the law is definitely on the side of the consumer here.

Thanks for the advice given to me by posters on here, anyone else experiencing the same scenario im confident youll be able to get the outcome you want if you're persistent in quoting the law and dont allow yourself to be fobbed off by them.

Well done for persevering, yes the law is on your side. It's a shame though how some retailers will squirm and even outright lie to try to get out of their legal commitments, it's disgraceful. Think it's shows the ones not to buy from. 

With all the dealings I have seen, one retailer stands well above everyone else, and that us Richer Sounds in their excellent customer service, and no I do not work for them. 

Paul


 

First Poster

Hi,

About the subtitles issue I have it on my Q8 and I live in Sweden so I have subtitles on all the movies and series. I found out that you can change the colour on the subtitles in Netflix so they dont appear so aggresive. You can set it to a more grey colour. And you are right its only on the HDR-content. 

I also bought the Samsung-series with the storage issue to my mom, that why I am in this tread. I have been in contact with Samsung a couple of times here in Sweden and got the same bull**** about USB-stick and whatever. Now I will try my best with the dealer I bought the TV from.

Voyager

@XhakaLaca wrote:
Hi guys just back with an update.

AO keeled over when the consumer credit act 2015 was mentioned.


Hi, that's great. Good to have some positive news on here as it seemed to be going backwards in the last few weeks. In March and April quite a few of us got refunds or exchanges, and I thought that retailers and Samsung had now accepted the issue and the lack of resolution, but instead they seem to have doubled down.

Apprentice

After asking Paypal to explain what they meant about the tv being modified, they came back and said that as it had been repaired, even though by an authorised person on behalf of the seller, it still means that I am not covered for buyer protection so have again denied the claim.

 

I have again appealed to JL with the consumer regs stuff so will see what happens.

Black Belt 

@zarf2007 wrote:

After asking Paypal to explain what they meant about the tv being modified, they came back and said that as it had been repaired, even though by an authorised person on behalf of the seller, it still means that I am not covered for buyer protection so have again denied the claim.

 

I have again appealed to JL with the consumer regs stuff so will see what happens.


Again outrageous.

I now think you need them to show you where in there terms and conditions it says if you have an item bought via Paypal and is repaired by an authorised person or company, where does that say it will invalidate the Paypal protection.

Also ask what are you suposed to do if an item does become faulty, do you ask for a refund imeadiatly and not even try for a repair, and I would also write to Paypal UK headquartes, and you can use this website and sometimes helps,

 

https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/paypal-complaints/contact-details

also

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/    and this is excellent with a template tool      https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

 

Also hit their facebook  page and send a post and message them about the issue, in particular, there refusal to honour the protection if you have the item repaired, and what are you supose to do.

 

They are totally in the wrong and I THINK THE PERSON YOU ARE DEALING WITH IS A MORON, and you need to pass to someone else. 

 

I heard some strange reasons in the past but this beats them all, you had it repaired, and they see that as a modification.

 

This is one decision you need to challenge as it has implications for many other customes. I think a chat with Citizens Advice is well worth while.

Paul

Apprentice

thanks, tried paypal facebook, they just close you down when you post a public message insisting that they deal with it through PM due to privacy reasons. when you take it to PM and give case details they just reiterate that it was closed for the reason that it was repaired. I have tried at least 6 different people there and they all parrot the same *****. I am done with them as cannot move forward.

 

tbh for citizens advice I find them utterly useless, clueless in the last two things I brought to them. My hope now is with JL or small claims court.

Top Liked Authors