Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 15-04-2019 10:25 PM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
NickTheG
First Poster
Options

Have just been contacted by Richer Sounds who have agreed to replace the TV as it was under 30 days that I notified them of this issue. To be fair the staff who I have contacted with this issue at richer sounds were very helpful and always chased up the call on numerous occasions. Looking for a suitable alternative. Seems kg and there webos seems like a good alternative.

0 Likes
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

Has anyone else had a go with this new firmware? It's still taking up more space on my TV which means that the apps situation is now worse lol. :shocked-face-with-exploding-head:

porterballs
Journeyman
Options

Yea I've installed it and now I have 107mb free, only have the preinstalled apps so lol 

Intruder461
Pioneer
Options

I downloaded it but never bothered installing it after reading that you had already tried it. I don't think I want to try it either having read what it just done either Tony lol...

Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

What a joke! They've actually shot themselves in the foot as we always said that a firmware update can't fix the issue despite what they say, which has now been proven.

porterballs
Journeyman
Options

Yea I know it's a joke! No matter I'm sending mine back, engineer is coming over tmz morning as Samsung wanted them to check it before giving the ok to have it sent back to AO! This is my second model of the 7400 and the same problem, not only the memory problem but I have back light bleed after a few days of use! So had enough of it.

Intruder461
Pioneer
Options

Crikey that is really bad and I do not blame you. So far I am well pleased with the TV and the app issue is not really a thing that is likely to bother me hopefully as I only use the main installed apps such as Netflix/Amazon Prime and the celestial channel catch up apps anyway. But if this TV starts downloading other apps and taking my space away and slows down the Tizen interface then it will become a problem.

Does anyone know what Patrick is on about with "Just wait one week for OTA". I do not even know how he got the information in the first place, especially as Samsung do not seem to be replying to anything.

0 Likes
bendede
Explorer
Options

I posted on french community too, to gain visibility on this problem... that latest firmware doesn't solve yes 😕 https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/T%C3%A9l%C3%A9visions/TV-Serie7-Mise-a-jour-automatique-des-appl....

Maybe we could try Twitter too, if someone here has a popular account.

bIOforger
Navigator
Options

@Tony47 wrote:

What a joke! They've actually shot themselves in the foot as we always said that a firmware update can't fix the issue despite what they say, which has now been proven.

Tony, dont forget to turn it off and back on again to properly complete the fw update process :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Tony47
Helping Hand
Options
:face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:
@bIOforger wrote:

@Tony47 wrote:

Tony, dont forget to turn it off and back on again to properly complete the fw update process :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Ah yes, I'd forgotten that! I now have 10 terabytes of available storage. Brilliant! :ok-hand: :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

0 Likes