Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 26-03-2019 01:14 PM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
mdazza
Pioneer
Options
Also retweeted - I'll be on the phone to support again tomorrow after the inevitable non-appearance of this firmware update.
0 Likes
Steve_Roebuck
Pioneer
Options
They have released a firmware since the problem was first reported, there's a guy on AV forums who have updated to it, and still the same issue. Most recent is 1202.03
https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-nu7400-apps.2208682/ for reference :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

Yes, the last firmware update was 7th January 2019 and it didn't fix the issue. Nothing since then despite numerous bogus promises by Samsung. I'll get on Twitter later.

mdazza
Pioneer
Options

I updated to that firmware version as soon as I got the TV - definitely not a fix. Highly dubious this is fixable via firmware at all.

0 Likes
Steve_Roebuck
Pioneer
Options

I've had replies now from both Twitter and Facebook, details have been sent.

Funny that the call I was supposed to be getting in the next 30 mins has failed to materialise.

You are missing all the fun @Tony47 they really don't like you going public with criticism :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

Haha I'll get on there shortly! 

0 Likes
chrisnewton
Navigator
Options

Samsung been in contact with me too, sent them a DM, hopefully they will lsiten....I had hoped my TV would have avoided this issue but nope i got the warning too!

Really not enjoying my new tv like i should be

0 Likes
Steve_Roebuck
Pioneer
Options

Excellent Chris, I have no issues with the TV in terms of picture etc, but its this issue and it only going to get worse as more and more "apps" are launched and they increase in size and functionality meagre amount of free space we get is going to vanish, heck the Smart Hub cache eats a good 50mb at least.

0 Likes
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

I've just tweeted to Samsung and I'm following you both. I'm @PaddyMaginty1.

Steve_Roebuck
Pioneer
Options

Long live the Rebellion!!!!

I really really dislike poor customer services, especially when they dodge and faff with a known issue.