Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 26-03-2019 11:11 AM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

@Steve_Roebuck wrote:

I have now had to supply "photos" of the error occurring,  so they can be seen by a "higher level tech team".

I now have to wait up to 72 hours for a reply......I think its time to bring some Social Media into play, they dont like bad press.

How infuriating. They're acting like robots. This issue has been going on for months and numerous people have reported it to them and gone through the tedious process of dealing with them. They're fully aware of the issue so there's no need to refer it anywhere. 

Regarding social media, good idea. Twitter would be a good place to start.

Steve_Roebuck
Pioneer
Options

Yup I have started the assault, I might go back to the live chat and make your point, that this is a well-documented issue and not just common to me and it now needs resolving.

0 Likes
chrisnewton
Navigator
Options

I am on twitter, chris_newton1

I am more than happy to help with the social media aspect.  Please add me and i will happily join in with this.

Also what do we think about contacting watchdog?

Steve_Roebuck
Pioneer
Options
Maybe Watchdog and Martin Lewis.
0 Likes
chrisnewton
Navigator
Options
How should we start the twitter campaign ?
0 Likes
Steve_Roebuck
Pioneer
Options
I tweeted to SamsungUK and SamsungUKHelp asking for a response to the issue we are all facing, no reply, also done so via Facebook
0 Likes
chrisnewton
Navigator
Options

what is you're twitter handle?

0 Likes
Steve_Roebuck
Pioneer
Options
@steveroebuck75 I have also moaned again via live chat and I am expecting a phone call back from a "manager" to discuss the issue.

There line seems to be "Engineers are working on the issue" but if after 4 months the engineers are drawing a blank that would intimate to me that there is no fix and they are hoping all our warranties expire before they actually have to do something about it.
0 Likes
chrisnewton
Navigator
Options

retweeted your message

0 Likes
Steve_Roebuck
Pioneer
Options
I've added a hopeful tweet to Martin Lewis and BBC Watchdog.
0 Likes