Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 20-03-2019 11:20 AM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
EgorChernukha
First Poster
Options
I have the same problem. NU7450 55", Russia.
0 Likes
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

@EgorChernukha wrote:
I have the same problem. NU7450 55", Russia.

Hi Egor, have you reported it to Samsung? If so, what did they say?

0 Likes
ArtofMotion
Pioneer
Options

Hi all!

First, I'd like to thank Tony for creating this post. It's really helped all owners of Samsung TV's, that have experienced this perplexing issue, to come forward and post here. Cheers Tony!

It seems that this issue is starting to become much more obvious, but Samsung have done very little, if nothing to fix this problem, so I'm happy to say that I've finally been given a date to have my TV repaired - this Thursday afternoon. I will be absolutely sure to post the results, as soon as I can.

Until then, keep it cool guys! 

Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

@ArtofMotion wrote:

Hi all!

First, I'd like to thank Tony for creating this post. It's really helped all owners of Samsung TV's, that have experienced this perplexing issue, to come forward and post here. Cheers Tony!

It seems that this issue is starting to become much more obvious, but Samsung have done very little, if nothing to fix this problem, so I'm happy to say that I've finally been given a date to have my TV repaired - this Thursday afternoon. I will be absolutely sure to post the results, as soon as I can.

Until then, keep it cool guys! 

Thanks @ArtofMotion I really appreciate your comment! When I started this thread I didn't anticipate the spread that this issue would have, even extending to Russia. It boggles the mind how this kind of thing can happen with a major manufacturer, who then compound the problem by pretending it doesn't exist, or even worse, that it's normal. I will always try and expose this malpractice wherever I can.

I'm on tenterhooks for Thursday - please post a photo of your available storage when the job is done! I'm hanging on until next Wednesday before taking action, just in case the supposed firmware update to solve the issue happens (I very much doubt that it will). 

0 Likes
Alex681
First Poster
Options
NU7409, Germany, same problem...Hope the firmware update can fix it...
0 Likes
chrisnewton
Navigator
Options

Mine must have done the apps updae last night, i checked a few apps and they had been updated yesterday (i have checked every day lol) anyways i had 180mb free before the updates, and still 180mb free after the updates, so i am guessing i should not recieve this error.

However i still hope that samsung fixes this and gives us all some much needed space back !

0 Likes
adw_uk
Explorer
Options

So the engineer from TeleVideo turned up today, saw the problem and said he had, "never seen this before" then checked the board he had with hime and it was exactly the same and said it was pointless to swap.

He tried to get in touch with his main technical man at Samsung called Matt but couldnt get through.  I am promised that the visit is one of the my three strikes and you get a new TV and he will be in touch.  I've got his mobile number and e-mail address so he won't escape.

Below is part of the transcript of the chat I had with Ken at Samsung Customer Service where he lied and said the engineer would be coming out with a superseded board NOT the same one.

Ken

13:29:21 Thank you so much. Everything is all set now and this is your Service Order Number: 4221151952. Expect a call from our engineer within 24-48hours regarding to their visit in your location to change the main board of the TV.

13:30:01 Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

13:30:01 Is there anything else that I can assist you with today?

Andrew Washington

13:30:50 Just an assurance that if this doesnt resolve the issue you will authorise C&M to send the TV back to you for credit and I can upgrade.

Ken

13:31:32 With that, we'll send a report to higher department for this request if the issue still persists.

Andrew Washington

13:33:07 ok

13:35:40 can you hang on a mo just had the number of your 'repairer and calling them

Ken

13:36:52 I'm afraid that I've provided the Service Order number for the repair not the number of our engineer.

Andrew Washington

13:37:47 TeleVideo are saying that when they get the job through they will order the main board for the TV. The only way this will resolve my issue is if the main board has changed/upgraded is this so?

Ken

13:38:03 Yes, that's correct.

Andrew Washington

13:39:05 Great thanks can you give me the part number for the board the lady will make a note

Ken

13:40:36 Unfortunately, we don't have the part number of the main board that they'll replace on your TV since that our engineers will look for a main board that is not the same as your TV has once they inspected it.

Andrew Washington

13:41:53 they are saying what usually happens is that if you have superseded the main board they wont be able to order the old one they will only get the new.

Ken

13:43:38 Yes, but that's for the other issues which they'll replace the same main board. This case is different that's why it will be change by other main board.

Andrew Washington

13:45:04 Understood you have made special notes on the case i guess and they will order what you tell them to order.

Ken

13:45:52 Yes, everything is all set.

Andrew Washington

13:47:09 Thanks for your help

13:47:2 1 will leave you in peace, thanks.

Ken

13:47:25 You're welcome and it's my pleasure helping you.

Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

Thanks Andrew, Wow, what a shambles.

However, even if it's the same board, how did the engineer know that your board wasn't faulty and causing the issue? I would've swapped it over to see what happened. If the engineer is correct, that means that every board fitted in the NU7000 ranges is not fit for purpose. How can that happen?!

Let's see what happens tomorrow with @ArtofMotion's installation. 

0 Likes
ArtofMotion
Pioneer
Options

Oh man is this is so annoying for us all!

I remember ADW_UK saying that he wouldn't be surprised if the Engineer turned up with the same board, with a blank expression, and ADW was right, in a bittersweet way lol.

I really do not think that there is any point in me having the main board replaced now, as there seems to be no fix. Anyway, I've just spoken to the Technician Company, and they say from Samsung's point they have to attempt a repair, if it doesn't work, and there are no other solutions, then the next '2' strikes willbe discarded and a new TV will be authorised. 

Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

@ArtofMotion wrote:

Oh man is this is so annoying for us all!

I remember ADW_UK saying that he wouldn't be surprised if the Engineer turned up with the same board, with a blank expression, and ADW was right, in a bittersweet way lol.

I really do not think that there is any point in me having the main board replaced now, as there seems to be no fix. Anyway, I've just spoken to the Technician Company, and they say from Samsung's point they have to attempt a repair, if it doesn't work, and there are no other solutions, then the next '2' strikes willbe discarded and a new TV will be authorised. 

It's good to hear that we're inching towards getting replacement TVs! Who knows, maybe the mythical firmware update will work lol. I suspect that was just sales talk. 

Good luck tomorrow with the blank-faced engineer. :smiling-face:

Edit: Could you ask him whether it's even feasible for a firmware update to solve this type of problem?

0 Likes