Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Apps not working

(Topic created on: 02-01-2017 03:20 PM)
arfc62
Journeyman
Options

My TV model number is UE46D6750WKXXU.

The only app on the Smart Hub that works without any issues is BBC iPlayer - no other apps will load.

On some - e.g. Amazon - I just get a black screen.

On others - e.g. ITV Hub - the app loads but when I chose a programme to watch the TV switches off.

My internet connection etc. all seem to be fine - otherwise BBC iPlayer wouldn't work.

When I try an online Software Upgrade it just says 'No software to upgrade currently'.

Any suggestions as to why only the BBC app works and how I can solve the problem with the others would be greatly appreciated.

CHEERS

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
EmmaS
Pathfinder
Options

Hi Arfc62,

Thanks for posting! Which software version is your TV currently running on? Menu > Support > Contact Samsung.

Can you try resetting the Smart Hub? Menu > Smart Features > Reset Smart Hub.

EmmaS

0 Likes
arfc62
Journeyman
Options

Hi EmmaS - thanks for your response.

The current Software Version is T-GASDEUC-1013.7

I had tried a Smart Hub reset (several times) but to no avail.

CHEERS

JessL
Voyager
Options

Have you tried to update the individual Apps? 

0 Likes
arfc62
Journeyman
Options

Hi JessL

Yes - I've removed the Apps and reinstalled them several times.

Again, it makes no difference.

CHEERS

0 Likes
JessL
Voyager
Options

Have you tried changing the DNS to '8.8.8.8', you can find this option in the Network Settings of the TV.

You'll need to select 'Get Manually' to enter these numbers, be sure to save this, restart the TV and check the Apps again. 

arfc62
Journeyman
Options

Hi JessL

Yes - I've tried both '8.8.8.8' and '8.8.4.4' - alas, it made no difference.

CHEERS

Solution
AntS
Options

There is a later software version 1028.0 available here. Did you try updating through the settings or by using a USB? There's a useful FAQ on how to update a TV's software through USB here if you haven't tried that yet.

0 Likes
arfc62
Journeyman
Options

Hi AntS

So, I downloaded the file - T-GASDEUC_1028.0.exe - copied it to a USB and followed the 'How do I upgrade my Samsung TV's firmware via a USB memory drive'.

When I chose 'By USB' I got 'Scanning for USB .... This may take more than 1 min' followed by 'No file available for upgrade. Please check and try again'.  I tried over and over in all 3 USB slots.

Thanks for your help / suggestions but I have to say I'm finding the whole episode very frustrating.  I simply want the apps to work in my Smart Hub - it shouldn't be difficult.  Why would one app (BBC) work but not any others?

It's leaving me with no confidence in Samsung products and I'm unlikely to purchase another.

CHEERS

AntS
Options

Did you unzip the file after downloading it?

Also, it's worth disconnecting the TV from the internet and trying again if it's still not finding that update from the USB after unzipping.

0 Likes