Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else with a 65" qe65q85r and iplayer problems?

(Topic created on: 17-12-2019 10:23 PM)
Wtfsaunders
Apprentice
Options

Had this TV a week and generally happy apart from the fact I've signed into iplayer at least 10 times. 

Why is that? I thought iplayer problems on Samsung had been resolved.

Bought from richer sounds. If they can't resolve it i will be pushing for a refund and will get a Sony or LG.

Interested to know if this is a common issue still please.

Thanks!!

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Wtfsaunders 

Could we take the software version of the TV please? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

0 Likes
Wtfsaunders
Apprentice
Options

Hi @ChrisM
Sure. Hopefully this is ok:

MN : QE65Q85RATXXU

FW : T-MSMDEUC-1335.0,B6970101/070204,BT-S

Thanks

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That's great, @Wtfsaunders. Your software is up to date. Could you carry out a Smart Hub reset on the TV please? Go to Home > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Rest Smart Hub. Once this has been done, wait 5 to 10 minutes before trying to access.

Let us know how you get on!

0 Likes
Wtfsaunders
Apprentice
Options

Hi @ChrisM 

Ok I do can that, but just to clarify that the iplayer app is working fine today so far. But tonight randomly it might ask me to sign in again. I've tried power off, wait 10 seconds and power back on already (I know your suggestion is probably different some way). Have also tried reinstalling iplayer.

Just making the point that this issue is not *every* time just *some* times.

0 Likes
Wtfsaunders
Apprentice
Options
Ok I reset the hub and left it 5-10 minutes and then had to re agree to privacy settings. It also asked me to enter a samsung ID which I declined (what benefit ?). Iplayer had signed out which I guess was expected. I signed back in.
0 Likes
Wtfsaunders
Apprentice
Options

@ChrisM 

As advised by yourself I did a hub reset which seems to have fixed the iplayer issue (for how long I wonder?) BUT caused a new issue!!

ERROR Unable to Connect to Network' on when it is powered on, even though connection is fine and streaming while msg still flashing...

Any ideas?  Must say I am very disappointed in samsung quality control here.

0 Likes
Wtfsaunders
Apprentice
Options

Hello @ChrisM any idea pls

0 Likes
Wtfsaunders
Apprentice
Options

@ChrisM 

@ChrisM 

Are you there?

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Wtfsaunders 

I'm here! Sorry for the late response. Time off over the festive period, etc. Are you still having issues with your TV?

0 Likes