Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying side screen bubble when channel number is displayed

(Topic created on: 01-10-2019 10:56 AM)
Bisley26
Apprentice
Options

Hi Community! 

UE32F5500AKXXU TV just back from backlight repair. When channel selected or changed, small blue semi-circle from side of screen displays next to channel number. Anyone know the setting to alter so just channel number appears?

Not a drastic situation, but I know I solved it when we first got the set and it is driving me crazy not being able to repeat it!!! 

Old And Cranky Guy

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
AntS
Options

Hi @Bisley26:smiling-face:

I know what you mean about being driven crazy when you can't figure out what you did the last time lol. 

Are you getting the channels through the aerial or a set-top box? Any pictures you're able to post of that small blue semi-circle?

0 Likes
Bisley26
Apprentice
Options

Hi AntS

Thanks for the interest! Being new to community, have no idea how to link a photo to the post. Have uploaded one somewhere if you know where to find it! 

Also, forgot to mention similar 180° semicircle appears opposite side of screen next to volume display when volume is adjusted. 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

No worries @Bisley26:smiling-face:

Is this happening through the aerial or a set-top box?

And I've found your photo - thanks! :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

---------------------------------------------------

For posting pics in a post: when you post a topic or use the 'Reply' option:

Photos01.jpg

Click into 'Photos' and it brings up:

Photos02.jpg

'Upload' is where you can upload pics stored on your device. 'Saved' is for pics already uploaded on your Community profile. (I've never had much joy with that 'URL' option BTW.)

0 Likes
Bisley26
Apprentice
Options

Well done on finding the photo! I find the user interface far from intuitive. I'm used to seeing links to photos in a post? 

Input is via aerial. 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Cheers! I'll admit I'm a little stumped by the blue semi-circles too, so I've passed it on to my AV colleagues to have a look at. I'll let you know what they say when they reply to me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can do a straight link to a photo (either one hosted on Community or elsewhere) too:

Linky to photo

(in 'Start a topic'/Reply, click on the chain icon to insert/edit a link.)

The UI of the forum takes a little getting used to I've found. (Took me a while to see that big 'Quote' button staring at me in the 'Reply' option for instance lol. :face-with-rolling-eyes::face-with-tears-of-joy:) I mainly posted on vBulletin boards before the Samsung Community was launched - and this place was the first time I'd encountered a Lithium/Khoros-based platform. 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Bisley26   The UI is a bit different here and may take a bit of time but   trust that you will find your way around in due course.      Mods and members will I'm sure be happy to assist with any querries.

@AntS  lol at:smiling-face: not seeing the quote button  initially ,   I also find that the url option for pics is problematic,  tried earlier and would not work as the done button not highlighted. 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Bisley26 . Sorry about the delay in reply! My AV colleagues have advised direct contact with them (by phone or live chat) in this case so they can do some further investigating (via remote management for example).

Unsure if you've managed to resolve the mystery already though. 

0 Likes
Bisley26
Apprentice
Options

Hello AntS. 

Thanks again for your interest. Not managed to resolve the mystery yet.

What's  an AV colleague?! And would they really get involved in such a trivial seeming matter on a set that is 5-6 years old, out of warranty? 

Decided will be replacing it as the main TV soon anyway with a big screen job that will suit my aging eyes!! 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Bisley26 , No worries.

Sorry about that - I meant my colleagues in the TV Technical Support team. They'd be happy to get involved. :smiling-face::thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Hahaha! Comes to us all, I guess. :winking-face: What size screen are you thinking of?

0 Likes