Go to solution Solved

Annoying icon stuck on TV UE40

(Topic created on: 26-08-2017 07:28 PM)
UE40
First Poster
Options

Hi

Please HELP

Recently bought new Samsung UE40MU6400U. Since this morning, an icon appears on right side of the screen saying 4000. 

Can anyone help getting rid of the same.

Thanks

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Wyndstorn
Student
Options

Hello. I copy/paste my response to another post stating the same problem:

I experience the same in a model UE40MU6405.

I've seen that only happens when the TV is turned on by an external device through HDMI CEC.

It seems to be Samsung's TV+ channel number and I can remove it by changing to TV+ and changing the channel, for example to 4001. After this, the message changes to show momentarily the new channel, and then it dissapears.

I think that a firmware update will be needed to solve this problem.

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hey @UE40,

Can you provide a photo of this? Does it appear on all channels and sources? 

0 Likes
Solution
Wyndstorn
Student
Options

Hello. I copy/paste my response to another post stating the same problem:

I experience the same in a model UE40MU6405.

I've seen that only happens when the TV is turned on by an external device through HDMI CEC.

It seems to be Samsung's TV+ channel number and I can remove it by changing to TV+ and changing the channel, for example to 4001. After this, the message changes to show momentarily the new channel, and then it dissapears.

I think that a firmware update will be needed to solve this problem.

Jaydorff
First Poster
Options
Same issue on my brand new Samsung - your suggestion solved the issue - upgrade required to permanently solve
0 Likes
Virgo47
First Poster
Options

I have similar issue with brand new Samsung TV UE50MU6172 (probably like UE50MU6170, just for our market) and Blu-ray player Samsung BD-E6100 (I guess from 2012). Today it suddenly started to blink with "Not available" message that I knew is blu-ray's response to not applicable command. Later it kept switching selection in DVD menu. First I disabled all my remotes (battery out), but it did not stop. Then any reasonable action on TV remote helped.

Later I even found out how to initiate this kind of loop. All I have to do with my player is use TV remote - press Home and then Back. I can stop the "Not available" blinking pressing some direction on the remote's wheel. When I disabled Blu-ray player's setting for Anynet+ HDMI-CEC it stopped doing this - so it's definitely issue here, something between the player and TV. Both devices are updated.

0 Likes
SimonF1
Apprentice
Options

Its the same here, ***** stupid banner constantly on my screen. I can tell you one thing and that is i will never buy another Samsung TV, Who in that company thought this stupid banner would be good, Its going to cost them customers, its ridiculous. is shouldnt matter if i want to use ext,hdmi,pc,TV it should not be there.

20190322_105853.jpg

0 Likes
Anwar_or
First Poster
Options
Ich habe das Problem auch kann jemand helfen bitte
0 Likes