Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ambient mode turns off after one minute on 82qfn

(Topic created on: 26-02-2019 01:18 AM)
Heg-sr
First Poster
Options

Hello I just purchased an 82 qfn 8 series.  The ambient mode worked when I first set the tv up.  But now after one minute in ambient mode it turns off.  I did a reset with no luck and also unplugged for 5 minutes which helps but only for about ten minutes and then it turns off again. Any help would be appreciated.  

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Ishmael404
First Poster
Options

This is happening with my q9fn 75”. Very buggy feature so far. Disappointing for a premium product. 

0 Likes
Paulym81
First Poster
Options

Yes my Q9 is doing the exact same thing you need to turn auto brightness off and it will stay on takes away from the  realistic  affect very disappointed myself hopefully it’s fixed with a update soon

Adrian-J
Explorer
Options

Does anyone know if this is being addressed  got mine today and thankfully in a 28 day return period  

0 Likes
Adrian-J
Explorer
Options

If Samsung could simply stop the tv auto turning off in lower light that would fix it 

Adrian-J
Explorer
Options

Update :

I returned mine as obvious fault 

0 Likes
Rysky007
First Poster
Options

Can you please explain what you mean by shutting off in low light and where is the setting that controls that

0 Likes
GoMo
Apprentice
Options

This appears to be a bug with the auto-brightness setting (for QLED 8 and 9 series anyway).

1. Push the home button (home icon) on your remote.

2. Left arrow to Ambient Mode.

3. Once in Ambient Mode, push the Back button.

4. Down arrow to menu, and then right arrow to setting (gear icon).

5. Down arrow to Auto Brightness and turn OFF.

OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL STEP

6. Then down arrow to Ambient Off Timer and change to OFF.

This worked for me on two sets...a QLED 8 and a QLED 9.

MeeceIT
Student
Options

Just tried this myself, and it seems to have fixed the issue, at least for now. Before, the tv would turn off in ambient mode after just one minute or so. As of now, it is still on and running in ambient mode, going on 5 minutes. 

Thanks!

Additionally, one thing I noticed that is torubling is that when I turn off the Auto Brightness, it automatically gets much brighter. I tried turning the backlight all the way down as far as it goes (-10), yet it is still much brighter than it was with Auto Brightness turned on. I preferred the darker mode, any idea of how I can get it darker now that the Auto Brightness is off?

0 Likes
ManuelAndres
First Poster
Options

Hello, I am having the same problem wirth my QN75Q9FNAGXZS

Tv enters in the ambient mode and turns off. It happens over ad over, in the night, in the day, I am not sure on what to do. I tried the steps below, but it is still not working.

PLEASE HELP!

0 Likes