Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon app issue on Samsung TV

(Topic created on: 21-02-2020 07:01 PM)
merv60
Apprentice
Options

My TV is a Samsung QE65 Q7 FNAT. A few weeks ago I had a minor issue when selecting the Amazon Prime Video app, whereby it didn't react to the selection & the apps banner would disappear. When I try a second time, it works okay. Now, as well as that issue, I have a new one whereby I manage to get into Amazon but it then freezes & all the tiles where images should be for the respective programmes & films are blank. The only fix I've found is to turn the TV off using the remote, waiting a bit, then turning it on again, which isn't the best. Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options
@merv60: Please can you try going to Home > Settings > Support > Software Update, and let me know your current Software version. If you see a prompt to update, go ahead with it and then try Amazon Prime again. If you have other devices connected to your home router, please try disconnecting them temporarily to see if this helps. It might also be worth signing in to Amazon Prime on another device to see if the service is experiencing any issues.
0 Likes
merv60
Apprentice
Options
Hi Andrew, thanks for the reply. The current software version is 1290. I clicked on Update Now but it told me there weren't any new updates. I have been into the app settings on the TV & done a reinstall for the Amazon app there, but that didn't fix it. I only use Amazon Prime video on my TV, I don't like using small devices to watch programmes & films.
0 Likes
AndyM68
First Poster
Options

I've been having similar problems on my QE75Q9FN. Very frustrating. After a cold boot Amazon Vidro works fine but after the first use, you have to select it twice to open the app. Really does need fixing. 

0 Likes
merv60
Apprentice
Options
@AndyM68 Mine seems to have fixed itself in regard to the freezing issue over the weekend, but I still have to select the app itself twice from the shortcut bar, same as you do.
0 Likes
BarryJGibb
First Poster
Options

Exactly same issue here. Been happening for months. 

0 Likes
AndyM68
First Poster
Options

Hello Andrew, is there any progress on this issue either from Samsung or Amazon?

Thanks

0 Likes
Spinnerdcc
First Poster
Options

and here, its bloody annoying!

0 Likes
wajbarnes
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem for months. We need an update or solution samsung

0 Likes