Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Video TV app stopped working after Jan 2019 update

(Topic created on: 31-03-2019 12:49 AM)
GMatt
First Poster
Options

About 2wk ago (end Jan 2019) the Amazon Prime app on my Samsung UE55ES6300 smart TV was updated and since then it tries to load but then after about 15 seconds waiting at the Prime logo, an error message comes up and there is nothing more can be done but exit the App. The error message displays basic data like version numbers etc and simply tells you to go to Amazon.co.uk/videohelp but there is no specific Error Code displayed to work with. One thing I did notice is that the timestamp is displayed specifying 1st Jan 1970 but I know the date on the TV itself is accurate so I suspect there is a symptom here.

I've tried all the online advice I could find already such as power cycling, uninstalling and reinstalling etc. Everything is up to date with firmware etc and I also waited for the latest smart hub software to get a fresh update in case it was that but to no avail.

Anyone else experience this recently? Any solution?

primeerror.jpg

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
Karly1
Apprentice
Options

I have a TV bought in 2015 and everything is up to date with firmware etc. 

Elysee
Journeyman
Options

Problem is that the Amazon app is the only one that doesn't work, and on my TV I no longer have the option to get the latest firmware. Tried downloading the latest firmware onto a USB-stick, but the Samsung does not recognise the file that has been dowloaded and keeps saying the firmware is up to date.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If tried everything and fairly  recent Tv  think you would need to get in touch with Samsung/Amazon.     Samsung would be able to provide Remote Assistance if you are agreeable and have not reached out yet.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Karly1
Apprentice
Options
Thank you
0 Likes
Soliduss
First Poster
Options

its amazon. They have ceased all prime videos running directly on any smart tv without a fire tv/fire stick. They say it’s bevause the tv can’t support a new security feature but that’s a lie.

Karly1
Apprentice
Options
It works on my parents TV though without issue?
0 Likes
platinumtone
First Poster
Options

Well they just cost themselves at least one customer! I have been battling with the same problem since January - Amazon blame Samsung and Samsung blame Amazon. My Prime Subscription came up for renewal at the beginning of April and so I cancelled and took out a subscription with Netflix.

0 Likes
Elysee
Journeyman
Options

Noticed the Samsung hub was updating for the past two days each time I tried to run it. And today, lo and behold, Amazon prime is up and running again on my TV. See if you get the same, simply open the hub and see if it runs an update, once that has been completed it should open Prime again. 

0 Likes
Linnaeus
First Poster
Options

I had this problem  with AmazonPrime last night. I tried reinstalling the app. but that did not work. I had had this problem a few months ago with Netflix on an older SAMSUNG SmartTV and remedied the problem by changing the DNS (to 8.8.4.4, I think). The current TV is a QN82Q6FN.  The slim user manual suggest changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8 for such problems.  Settings > General > Network > Network Status > IP settings > DNS Setting > Enter Manually > DNS server > enter 8.8.8.8 > OK.  My Internet Provider is Spectrum, but they seem to be in the dark with this problem.  Strangely, when I had had the problem with Netflix, it affected the SmartTV, but not the Netflix on the SAMSUNG Blu-ray player. Last night's AmazonPrime problem was on both the TV and the SAMSUNG 4k player. The computer was not affected in both cases. This morning (April 27, 2019) AmazonPrime came right up.

0 Likes