Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime App wont let me sign in

(Topic created on: 04-04-2020 03:04 PM)
Jerry8
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung UE49KU6670UXXU smart TV. I recently subscribed to Amazon Prime but when I try to sign in on the Amazon App it refers me to Amazon/watchonsamsung which refers me back to the app. I have read all the options and advice offered by both parties but to no avail. Frustrated as hell. Any suggestions as the system wont let me delete the app so i can download afresh.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Jerry8 

That's all very strange! Could we take the current software version of your TV? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV. Also, have a look at this link to see how to uninstall apps on your TV's Smart Hub.

0 Likes
Jerry8
First Poster
Options

Hi. Sorry for the delay in responding. Your reply came through on email to which i replied but it didn't get through to you.

The current software version is 1242 and auto updates is enabled. I've checked manually for updates and the system tells me there are none.

I have tried to delete the Amazon App but it wont have it. I must be missing a trick somewhere.

I feel like Amazon is refering me to Samsung to get stuff done, whilst Samsung advice is to refer to the App.

I went onto Google Play to download a new version of the Amazon App but that wouldn't work either. I'm just not confident about these things.

Where should i start?

cheers

Jerry

0 Likes
Jerry8
First Poster
Options

I've managed to come across the feature in Amazon Prime which requires me to register my device (TV). It asks for a code which it says is on the left of the screen when i try to register for an account through the preloaded Amazon App.

Unfortunately, there is no such code. So I'm stuffed again.

0 Likes
dante636
Apprentice
Options
0 Likes
royback
First Poster
Options

Did you solve the problem? I have the same.

0 Likes
royback
First Poster
Options

Did you solve the problem? I have the same.

0 Likes