Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Fire stick no longer recognised for smart remote

(Topic created on: 05-01-2018 09:23 PM)
nockely
First Poster
Options

When I first bought my TV (UE43MU6175) all the HDMI sources set up perfectly including my Amazon Fire Stick, which was scanned and recognised as such by the TV, worked with the universal remote and had a proper fire stick icon for the source. 

I have had to take it out of the port once or twice when changing devices around, and although it used to recognise the fire stick, now it never does, so the universal remote never works and it just has the generic HDMI icon. I can’t set it up manually with the remote as Amazon is not listed as a manufacturer. 

I’ve tried restarting, plugging it in and out if the HDMI port numerous times, as well as toggling Anynet / CEC on both the tv and fire stick, but it never seems to work any more. 

Any ideas would be very welcome, thanks!

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28
KelShe
First Poster
Options

I’m having the same issue if you can please help 

0 Likes
Scoot
First Poster
Options

I have just ran into this issue today with my 65 inch 8 series. Used to recognise the fire stick and the universal remote functioned but now it won't at all despite all my efforts. This "new" tv is causing me so much agro with volume issues I'm half tempted just to return it and go with another brand. Shocking customer service from Samsung after requests for help I've recieved nothing. Can anyone help?

FuzzmanKs
Apprentice
Options

What worked for me was to EDIT the HDMI source icon and rename it Fire TV Stick.  Save your change and then unplug the Fire TV Stick and plug it back in.   On my TV I had to use the second option which is to use FireTV Stick (deleted a space) and the Captilization DOES matter.

Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

I had this with my fire TV box , had to factory reset the TV , then it will scan and find the devices again 

0 Likes
Rant
First Poster
Options

Under settings on the fire stick, you go to displays and sounds. There is an option called HDMI CEC or something like that. Turn it off and restart the fire stick. Once back on, turn the option back on. Viola!

Shallom
First Poster
Options

Got mine to work by moving the Firetv stick to another HDMI port. 

0 Likes
richrodny
First Poster
Options
That worked perfectly!
MarySweet
First Poster
Options

How do you edit the name? Can't figure out how to do it.

0 Likes
fatguy666
Explorer
Options
I didn't have to rename it.

When I originally connected the Fire Stick to HDMI 2, the TV identified it as an Apple TV. After fluffing about to get the Fire Stick to respond to the Samsung remote (HDMI-CEC was enabled everywhere) I wound up here. I tried renaming the input to "Amazon Fire TV" but it didn't do anything.

I then moved the Fire Stick to HDMI 1 and it automatically recognised it. It now has the cool "fire TV stick" icon and I can control it with the Samsung remote. Obviously, home doesn't work as it does on with the Amazon remove but I'm pretty happy that it works at all!
0 Likes