Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Amazon Fire Stick

(Topic created on: 09-03-2017 09:43 AM)
Robtait
First Poster
Options

Cannot get Amazon Firestick to work properly on my new 49inch Samsung model Ue49k5500. Are there issues with this equipment?

Go to solution
79 REPLIES 79
Matthew08
First Poster
Options
I’ve tried this, how many times did you try it?
0 Likes
Mdux58
Student
Options

Sorry you are having the same problem. I still don't  believe wiping the prongs was the answer. Have you tried removing the TV and the Fire Stick plugs from the wall socket? Leave for a couple of minutes, plug everything back in and restart.

0 Likes
Matthew08
First Poster
Options
Yes, I’ve tried all the powering off and leaving the tv and firestick for a while but still nothing. It’s just a black screen. There’s something there otherwise the tv would come up with no signal from the firestick. I don’t know what it could be. This 4K firestick works on my older LG tv which hasn’t got 4K. I don’t know what else to try
0 Likes
Firehelp
Student
Options
My firestick would only work if it was plugged into an actual power outlet. It would not work by being charged. The TV was not giving it enough power to connect.
0 Likes
Matthew08
First Poster
Options
The firestick is connected to a power outlet. When I disconnect it and plug it back in. It comes up wit the firetv logo and then goes black.
0 Likes
Pummax
First Poster
Options

Have you try another HDMI cable ?, fire stick cable to Samsung one box HDMI has to be high quality cable or 60fps

0 Likes
Pummax
First Poster
Options
Change the HDMI cable
0 Likes
Lordtriebl
First Poster
Options
If you are having the problem that your Samsung TV doesn't recognize the Fire TV Stick at all and keeps saying "searching for signal".

Then just use the Power Cable sent with the Fire Tv Stick.

Best Timotheus
0 Likes
johnyblazer
First Poster
Options

The Amazon Fire TV Stick, known colloquially as a “Fire Stick,” is a small streaming device manufactured by Amazon that allows you to watch videos streamed over your internet connection to your television. Though it wasn’t the first Amazon Fire TV device, it’s by far the most popular, and competes directly with the likes of Roku and Google Chromecast in the budget streaming device market. Best Troubleshooting Tips for Amazon Fire Stick Black Screen. The device plugs into the back of your television through HDMI (either with the stick itself or using the bundled adapter for tight connections), and connects to your home WiFi connection in order to deliver media straight to your television using apps, just like your smartphone. It’s powered through the included microUSB cable, plugged into the back of your television or into an AC adapter, and it takes up very little space behind your television. The remote was recently updated, and can now control your television’s power and volume, in addition to the typical play/pause and navigation options on the remote. 

0 Likes
Koz
First Poster
Options

I have aq7 samsung tv. Everything worked great until I tried to put on a fire stick 4K. It recognizes it but will not bring up the home screen. It flashes from firestick logo to amazon logo. I have unplugged it, used different ports. Don't know what else to do. Works on all other tv's

0 Likes