Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Amazon Fire Stick

(Topic created on: 09-03-2017 09:43 AM)
Robtait
First Poster
Options

Cannot get Amazon Firestick to work properly on my new 49inch Samsung model Ue49k5500. Are there issues with this equipment?

Go to solution
79 REPLIES 79
robbdawgus
First Poster
Options

How do I get the keyboard to come up so I can rename it. I'm not being given that option

0 Likes
FuzzmanKs
Apprentice
Options

I don't have my Fire Stick plugged into my Samsung at this time.  But as I recall if you select (cursor) in box that shows what you type, the keyboard will pop up. 

I just tried it on my Chromecast stix, and it works the way I mentioned above.

0 Likes
BuzztvGuy
Apprentice
Options

Ok, this is for EVERYONE having issues with their Samsung HDTV's and ANY Amazon Fire TV device.  I had purchased the Amazon Fire TV Cube and hooked it up to my Samsung 49" UHD 8000 series Smart ( Tizen ) TV. It worked great for a month.

Then I unplugged it for several weeks as I was testing some other Android boxes.  When I tried to re-connect the Cube, I would only see the Fire Tv logo, then nothing Black Screen.  I connected it to a smaller generic brand TV, it works fine.

I tried different quality HDMI Cables and splitters and everything. Just would not show up on my Samsung TV.  Crazy Right ?  I went thru a dozen forums reading, bla bl bla, nothing worked.

Well being an Electronics Tech I finally deduced, the TV had to forget about this device and re-recognize it as it did the very first time.

So I UNPLUGGED my TV, and did a low level degauss.  You hold a metal object across the 2 prongs of your TV's power wire and it drains the CMOS memory to an extent.  No harm can be done as it is not plugged in... this is just a basic cache memory dump.  After holding that butter knife across the prongs for 20 seconds, I plugged the TV back in and turned on my Fire Cube and it works perfectly.

Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!

Marcwilli
First Poster
Options

Once you type rename the unknown Devi’s to Amazon Fire Stick, unplug the power for your tv. Once you plug it back in, your tv will recognize you fire stick and your tv remote will work for the fire stick. 

0 Likes
Amyhaimm25
First Poster
Options

My tv is not accepting the Amazon Fire Stick.  Model #6000. 6050

what do I do. It’s a smart tv.

0 Likes
Stoobs68
First Poster
Options

Hi Moderator - I have a Samsung LE-32R72B - 32" LCD TV and it will not recognise teh amazon fire stick - shows the amazon logo for a second then the screen goes blank - can you please suggest what to do?

0 Likes
Coontzy
First Poster
Options

I can not seem to make my existing fire stick read on my new Samsung smart Tv. This fire stick has worked perfectly on a small ‘not smart” tv previously. I keep getting an error message that I need to plug into the HDMI port, but I have already done that!  Sorry,I am very technically challenged.

FuzzmanKs
Apprentice
Options

@Coontzy wrote:

I can not seem to make my existing fire stick read on my new Samsung smart Tv. This fire stick has worked perfectly on a small ‘not smart” tv previously. I keep getting an error message that I need to plug into the HDMI port, but I have already done that!  Sorry,I am very technically challenged.

Have you tried to power cycle your TV?  As in unplugging it for a couple minutes and trying again to get it to recognize your Fire Stix?  Make sure you have your Fire Stix plugged into power also (not the USB port of the TV).

0 Likes
fire-stick
First Poster
Options
To identify you will need to unplug the HDMI cable from your Bell MTS Phoebe TV set-top box. Then wait 30 seconds and plug the HDMI cable back. Wait for the signal to start. Make sure all cables are connected to the set-top box and that your TV is safe. For more info visit the site https://www.firesticksolutions.com/firestick-wont-turn-on/
0 Likes
Pa35
First Poster
Options

Does a fire stick work on Samsung modelNU6900

0 Likes