Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Amazon Fire Stick

(Topic created on: 24-11-2019 10:49 PM)
Robtait
First Poster
Options

Cannot get Amazon Firestick to work properly on my new 49inch Samsung model Ue49k5500. Are there issues with this equipment?

79 REPLIES 79
Mdux58
Student
Options

You are a genius. I would never had believed I could get my Amazon FireStick working with my Sansung TV by rubbing the plug with a knife. Brilliant!!!!!

Phull
First Poster
Options

I have Samsung TV model EH5300 from 2012.  Does the amazon fire stick work with this model?  I just want to download and use the youtube TV app. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
Rainy
Navigator
Options
Hi as long as you can plug it into the tv it should work.
0 Likes
Phull
First Poster
Options

What about the chrome stick?  I have it already at home.  Does it also work?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Rainy
Navigator
Options
It should do. Just try them both.
0 Likes
BuzztvGuy
Apprentice
Options

The Amazon Fire Stick and Fire Stick 4K and FireTV Cube will work with pretty much ALL your Samsung TV's.  There is just sometimes a few tricks to KEEP it connecting correctly after completely turning it off or letting it hibernate too long.  If you have that issue where you are only getting Boot Up Logo and then a black screen, thats is known, but weird, and totally solveable issue.  Like I posted earlier in this thread you may just have to unplug your Samsung TV ( plz be SURE you unplug it ) then hold any small metal object across the 2 ( or 3 ) prongs of that plug your holding in your hand for 20-30 seconds.  What this does is a low level memory dump ( or LL Degauss ) and then plug it back in. Then turn on your Fire TV device and it'll fully boot and you can enjoy it again.  Now I am sure there is some other way to prevent your Samsung TV from seeing that device again and allowing it to fully boot, BUT, I have yet to find one that works every time all the time.  I haver heard rumour that if you have the 4K model and your TV is non 4K that causes an issue but both my Cube and my TV were 4K, so there goes that theory.  My method has worked for hundreds of people including my clients who buy their Fire TV devices thru me.   Hope this helps you all, and in FINALE' ... YES the Fire TV Stick and CUBE will work with ALL Samsung TV's.   Cheers !

BuzztvGuy
Apprentice
Options

Yes, but what about when you Samsung TV forgets your device name after you've taken time to type it in ??  Oh yea, my UHD8000 always seems to forget my device names if they get unplugged for even a second, and sometimes from just being unused for some reason.  So that is where the problem is with all these posters being baffled why they only get an initial boot screen and then black screen.  ( lets nickname it BLSD - black screen of death, since BSD blue screen of death is already owned by Windows OS )

he he he

0 Likes
KellieRae1
First Poster
Options

No matter what HDMI port I put the fire stick in, it's just says "searching for signal" but it never acknowledges that it's plugged in. The fire stick screen never comes up. The firs tick works fine on our other TVs. We've even tried plugging in a laptop and a ps4 via hdmi and PC port and the tv never acknowledges it. Its a new tv purchased in 2018 and has only had this problem as of about 6 months ago. So it just sits on our entertainment center with no use. Any help is greatly appreciated 

0 Likes
Rainy
Navigator
Options

Try going on YouTube and see if anyone on there will have a solution that's what I do. Hope that helps.

0 Likes
Matthew08
First Poster
Options

After connecting my 4K firestick to my Samsung tv the fire tv logo comes up, then I get a black screen. I've tried all the usual power offs and restarts. Tried the firestick in all four HDMI ports but it's still a black screen. I connected the firestick up to an older LG tv and it works fine. Don't know what else to try? 

0 Likes