Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

All 4 app stopped working on Smart TV

(Topic created on: 06-10-2018 09:26 PM)
Fuzzy
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

All 4 app has stop working via Smart Hub.

The app seems to start but then gets stuck on the loading page

Model Number: UE48H6670.

Any help would be appreciated.

Fuzzy Wuzzy
107 REPLIES 107
Toad-Hall
Explorer
Options
Exit Smart Hub and then select Menu
0 Likes
Toad-Hall
Explorer
Options

Samsung TV: Model number: ue32es6800uxxu

Smarthub issue as of 5th Oct 2018.

Updated 'all4' app at prompt. All4 tv options are seen and able to select. However, the chosen programme - any programme - never loads and there is a continous four dots alternating flashing as if trying to load.

Exited Smart Hub and used Menu > Settings to access SmartHub. Then chose 'Reset'. Had to enter the pin etc and reset everything. It said firmware all up to date, etc etc. End result - no change. Restarted TV. Still no access to anything.

It sounds like some people can get access after performing a SmartHub Reset, but this does not resolve the issue for me and it sounds like I'm not alone with this issue.

Toad-Hall
Explorer
Options

Tried your idea on resetting SmartHub, but unfortunately does not work fo rme.

@Watsona wrote:

I've had the same issue, just fixed it.

menu>smarthub >reset smarthub>

then go through the process as described on screen to reset all of your apps.

you'll need your pin, which if you've not changed it since purchase will be 0000.

you'll also need to re-enter any passwords (for Netflix) etc. if you use paid for services.

0 Likes
Hellebore
Apprentice
Options

I've tried re-setting the Smart Hub but All 4 app still doesn't work. The other channels seem okay. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks very much.

0 Likes
Lee254
First Poster
Options

I have the same the All 4 app updated and now wont work, have reset the Smart Hub 3 time now and still wont work.

I dont have an option to remove the All 4 App either, it will not let me remove it and re-install.

I have a slightly older modle UE46ES7000 and the All 4 App is the only one that not working since the update

Any help or ideas?

0 Likes
Hellebore
Apprentice
Options

Hi Lee,

I've contacted C4 to explain the problem as I'm getting nowhere at the moment with Samsung. Will post the result of this Forum. 

0 Likes
NEP9437
Journeyman
Options

Hello all

I have the same problem on 2 of the Samsungs that I have, I reset, reinstalled all the apps, checked settings etc without finding a solution.  In the end I contacted C4 over email late last week and this is the response I've had.

Thank you for your email regarding All 4.

We can advise that we are aware of this issue affecting viewers using Samsung TV's to watch All4. Our engineers are currently investigating this issue and hope to have this resolved as soon as possible.

We apologise for the disruption to your service and appreciate your patience while our team work to resolve the problem.

Kind Regards,

All 4 Support

I guess that it I will just await and update for the app.

AlphaDaev
Apprentice
Options

Is anyone else still having issued with the All 4 app?

I can't see anyone on here having the same problem but for me, the app works fine, loads up a show and functions correctly until it hits the first ad break, after which the audio completely messes up, continually cutting out.

If I try to exit the show and hit "resume" the audio problem persists. This also seems to break the functionality of any other shows on the app. The only way to get the app working at all again is to power cycle the TV.

Weird that it works until ads come on, then just completley breaks.

I have got in contact with Channel 4 to see if they know anything but no response as yet.

0 Likes
Hellebore
Apprentice
Options

Sorry to hear that this is continuing. After getting an email from C4 who said they had sorted out the issue with Samsung,  I deleted the service and then reinstalled the app and it seems to be okay. I'd wait to hear or re-mail C4 as they seemed to be more proactive than Samsung. Hope this works,

0 Likes
Daryl05
First Poster
Options

Hi ,mine stopped working too ,so to fix it i just turned the tv off from the powerpoint for  one minute then turned it back on and presto , all fixed  !

0 Likes