Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airplay Pin not displayed

(Topic created on: 17-06-2019 06:35 PM)
Dhawal
Student
Options

Hello i have 2018 Q7FNA 65inches. In the settings menu the apple airplay setting is greyed out and says this function is not available. Although it shows in my phone and when i click it asks for a code but the tv does not display the code. Please help

14 REPLIES 14
NathanDies
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I am having the same issue with my Samsung Series 6 TV (UN65NU6900). My iPhone shows that I can send YouTube via Airplay over wifi. A 6 digit code does not generate, however. Also, since starting this post, the menu item keeps greying out.

I am in IOS 12.3.1 and my TVs software version is 1260.

0 Likes
mclog
Apprentice
Options

I have a 2019 Q60R 49" with software version 1318 to which I updated recently. TV and my ipad (ios 12.4.1) are on the same network, ipad shows tv in airplay dropbox. However, tv does not generate a code. When I try to open airplay settings on tv, tv screen gets black and nothing is shown... Sometimes airplay settings option on tv is grey-out. Any help is appreciated. 

0 Likes
Zlove304
Student
Options

@mclog wrote:

I have a 2019 Q60R 49" with software version 1318 to which I updated recently. TV and my ipad (ios 12.4.1) are on the same network, ipad shows tv in airplay dropbox. However, tv does not generate a code. When I try to open airplay settings on tv, tv screen gets black and nothing is shown... Sometimes airplay settings option on tv is grey-out. Any help is appreciated. 

I have this same issue with the nu6900 has anyone ever fixed this or spoke to Samsung about it?

0 Likes
Thomas8112004
First Poster
Options

I am also having this issue, has anyone solved the problem yet as this is still a reoccurring problem 

0 Likes
Zlove304
Student
Options

I talked to customer service they suggest I return tv I refused insisting this is a software and not hardware issue. They called for a tech to come out and have haven't heard from them since. That was more than a week okay. Also I explained to them that there forums were covered in this issue and they found that odd since they rarely heard of the issue. I find that hard to believe. Horrible customer service. 

0 Likes
Zlove304
Student
Options

Update just updated firmware on tv my tv did not find it I had to download from the website. But airplay is working now 

0 Likes
Thomas8112004
First Poster
Options

How did you find the update and what is the link also thank you so much for helping me out 

0 Likes
Zlove304
Student
Options

It's tv specific what model do you have 

0 Likes
dimikag
Student
Options

Just bought the Q70 series only to find out I have the same problem. 
No AirPlay. 
A. PIN does not show up on screen to allow iOS devices to connect. 
B. When clicking the settings for airplay, the TV does not respond with a new menu for any setting. Just stays idle and dead. 
I read several "approaches" but seems that there is a bigger problem ahead for those who bought this TV to enjoy interoperability with iOS like I did. 
I am wondering if this is really some sort of a network - firewall issue. Of course all (iOS and TV) are updated to latest SW updates etc etc...

Any input to share my good people ? Thank you. 

0 Likes