Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add apps to an older smart TV

(Topic created on: 08-02-2020 12:07 AM)
Waidesworld
Student
Options

In my Smarthub there are few options.  I am trying to add two apps, specifically YouTubeTV and FuboTV but there doesn't seem to be an option to add apps that are not in the store.  It's a 4 year old model, I think, UN32J5205AFXZA and Smart Hub seems limited to Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, Vudu, Google Play, Fandango and a browser.  There are some other options but nothing I have ever heard of.  Is there a way to circumvent this option.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Waidesworld 

The general rule is, if the app is not available when searching the 'Apps' section of the Smart Hub, then it won't be available for your model of TV we're afraid. Have a look at this useful link.

(1)
Waidesworld
Student
Options

Chris,

I had guessed as much, so I bought a Firestick and now everything is up and running $35 later.  Thanks for the confirmation. 

Zeek5
First Poster
Options

I bought a Roku interface and at last I can add apps. I'll never buy another Samsung anything.

Drstir
First Poster
Options

I'm struggling to work out how to add the Justwatch app to my 3-year-old smart TV. Do I need something like a Roku - and which is the best one just for this? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

0 Likes
mikeyt38
First Poster
Options

I have 3 Samsung TVs and I love the picture on them, but not the Smarthub. I prefer to use Roku.

Pseudolukian
Journeyman
Options

dont wonder, samsung never give updates to the smart function they simply dont care and you need to buy another tv but i dont do it also i ***** them and buy from others like xiaomi

Mahtig
First Poster
Options

No fubo, no ATT direct, no NBC peacock. I have a series 8 and these apps are not supported, deplorable tizen OS has not been updated in ages. You’re right, they don’t care, they just don’t care. It’s not rocket science to make an app compatible with an older version of the os. This is my last Samsun purchase

0 Likes