Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

8K Q900R. One connect box swapping HDMI 2.1

(Topic created on: 15-05-2019 11:30 AM)
dolly82
Student
Options

Have they started shipping the one connect boxes over yet from 2.0 to HDMI 2.1 ?

Cant get anything from the Indian call centre staff not one of them understands what I am asking them.

Absolutley useless for a new customer asking any questions as they do not know the products.

He kept saying on phone 60 frame per minute, then he said running in 60p -- shows you how ill informed they or on products, rang 5 different times and not one can answer my question.

does anyone who owns one of the Q900R 8Ktvs could give me an insight into them, has there been any problems, good and bad points?

be as honest as you can.

Also has anyone had the chance to see a 4k tv and an 8tv side by side and if so is the comparison noticable.?

Go to solution
425 REPLIES 425
Killzone
Journeyman
Options
All the new one connect boxes delivered so far have only 1 hdmi 2.1 , and that is not good enough.
0 Likes
wray2k
First Poster
Options

my biggest disappointment is that the new 2.1 box is still unable to decode DTS-X or DD ATmos, both have been out a few years,

0 Likes
Sunny69
Pioneer
Options

Hi Tony 19 74, 

I got in touch with Samsung Technical support and they said an Engineer will have to come out to adjust the screen resolution,  at the time I personally thought that's strange but went with the flow.

I have just had a visit from the Engineer and he said there is no function on the remote to change the screen resolution, the input source dictates the screen resolution I. E my sky box.

On a separate note do you or anybody else experience issues when watching football/cricket with banding,  has the camera pans to follow the ball visible bands can be seen , these bands can only be seen on moving images where the entire background is the same colour,  cannot be seen on static images. 

Sunny

0 Likes
Tonyst1974
Apprentice
Options

Ok so I called Samsung to ask about the upscale to 8k they told me it don’t upscale it will only gonna play 4 k if it’s a 4K device. So that means you need a device that can play up to 8k then anything you play through it will upscale to 8k 🤪 and no when I watch football it seems ok 👍 

0 Likes
Sunny69
Pioneer
Options

Thanks for that Tony, 

Hearing that from Samsung  has got me confused now, I was under the impression the whole idea of upscaling is converting a lower definition picture to a higher/better definition picture. .....or am I missing something. 

According to Samsung irrelevant of the TV's capabilities  the source defines the quality. ... I feel as if I have been robbed if that's the case.

I know it's not you saying this and you are only reciting what Samsung have stated, but if anyone from Samsung can clarify via this site that would be helpful. 

0 Likes
Tonyst1974
Apprentice
Options

I said the same to Samsung, who replied where did you here that . I told them on there own web sit selling the tv. So Samsung have miss sold us this tv maybe a good case to sue ? 

0 Likes
Tonyst1974
Apprentice
Options

So they are saying the only way it will upscale is if your sky box was 8k and the programme on it was 1080p then it will upscale it to 8k  . I told them that’s fause advertising as there is not any 8k devices and you make it sound like it will upscale our 4K sky box’s 

0 Likes
Sunny69
Pioneer
Options

Yes you are right good grounds to Sue, under the trade description act.... I was sold the TV under the impression the TV was the influencer when it came to the picture quality, and not heavily reliant on the input source or sources going into the TV.

Surely it makes the 8K capability on the TV redundant until 8K is widely available from broadcasters.

I'm going to seek legal advice.

0 Likes
Tonyst1974
Apprentice
Options

Yeah no need for them to say it has all this new ai upscale rubbish when it don’t do it , there is no need for it to upscale 8k devices when there is none 🤪 let me know how you get on

0 Likes
high06
First Poster
Options
I don't understand why they didn't put a DVB S2X sat tuner there so we could watch 8K satellite programs !!!
So I have to watch it on PC !!!
0 Likes