Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

8K Q900R. One connect box swapping HDMI 2.1

(Topic created on: 15-05-2019 11:30 AM)
dolly82
Student
Options

Have they started shipping the one connect boxes over yet from 2.0 to HDMI 2.1 ?

Cant get anything from the Indian call centre staff not one of them understands what I am asking them.

Absolutley useless for a new customer asking any questions as they do not know the products.

He kept saying on phone 60 frame per minute, then he said running in 60p -- shows you how ill informed they or on products, rang 5 different times and not one can answer my question.

does anyone who owns one of the Q900R 8Ktvs could give me an insight into them, has there been any problems, good and bad points?

be as honest as you can.

Also has anyone had the chance to see a 4k tv and an 8tv side by side and if so is the comparison noticable.?

Go to solution
425 REPLIES 425
TheOneMusketeer
Student
Options

@Noirdog wrote:

@PeerNorway wrote:

@MietiSam wrote:

@PeerNorway  Can you please tell me if the issue you're getting is the same as MINE ?

I have not gotten the upgraded One Connect Box replacement yet unfortunately... 

i just called Samsung support and asked for the upgraded one connect box with hdmi 2.1 they took my address and I received the new ocb 1 week later

Hi what info did you need to request the newer OCB? I am thinking of buying a refurbished model but not sure whether I will be able to request one for free

0 Likes
DiamondGeezer
Apprentice
Options

They asked for date of purchase, invoice number and retailer purchased from 

TheOneMusketeer
Student
Options

@DiamondGeezer wrote:

They asked for date of purchase, invoice number and retailer purchased from 

Thanks for the information. Much appreciated 👍

0 Likes
Huffdan7
Explorer
Options

I have a Q900 55" that I purchased on Jan 21, 2020.  A few days ago I started getting horizontal lines scrolling up from the bottom and as the TV gets warmer the lines get worse...so it is heat related.  The one box gets extremely hot in my opinion like a cell phone battery will do sometimes. I unplugged all the cables and power cables and kept them out for 30 minutes then plugged everything back in....still got the horizontal lines. Not sure if it is a board TC inside the TV or the one box issue....service tech from Samsung repair is coming this Thursday.  I have owned many Samsung TVs over the years and this is the very first one that has had an issue.  Thank goodness it is still under warranty. I discovered a class action suit  in NY against Samsung for certain models for over heating causing issues...

Samsung Class Action Claims LED TVs Overheat, Become ...

topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/855501-samsung-class...

The Samsung LED TV Overheating Defect Class Action Lawsuit is Edward Tobin v. Samsung Electronics America, Case No. 2:18-cv-12473, in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.

0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options
Ne možeš to promjeniti.. Ako budeš u budućnosti gledao 8K na televiziji onda će ti pisati 7680x4320
Samo ovako kako ti misliš ne može se prebaciti !
0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

Pozdrav .. Kupio sam 65Q900RAT (8K) TV 30.09.2019, i nazvao Samsung Hrvatska korisničku podršku i zatvaranje novog One Connect Boxa s 2.1 HDMI izlazom i nakon 3 dana mi je stigao poštom na kućnu adresu, potpuno besplatno, naravno .. Bio sam iznenađen što sam ja Samsung poslao novi One Connect Box ...

0 Likes
Huffdan7
Explorer
Options

I apologize but I am 72 years old and only know English and a small bit of Espanol.  Based on what I think you are saying is to swap out the control box.  The Samsung service man came out and that was the first thing he did but it did not help. Next he changed the main board. That did not help.  He then told me he was going to have to replace the screen itself but the part was on back order so Samsung agreed to refund what I paid for the TV almost $2,500 USD.  I am in the process of filling out all the paper work, taking a picture of the label on the back of the TV and sending it in to receive my reimbursement check. 

The GOOD NEWS is I found how to solve the sever heating issue of the screen and the TV.  I purchased a small 5" fan that runs off the USB ports on the side of the control box.  I placed it in back of the TV to blow on the vent slots in the middle of the back of the TV.....OMG....the TV screen is cool to the touch now....had I had this small fan from the beginning I think my TV would be working fine...I think the heat killed it.  I think the Engineers at Samsung should figure out a way to put a small fan on the back of the TV...it could be a flip out kind or something that can attach to a slot where you just slide it in and attache the power cord to the USB port on the control box....that way it turns off and on when the TV is off or on.   Thank you for replying to my post and again apologize for not knowing your language. Cheers. 

0 Likes
Huffdan7
Explorer
Options
Ivan, please see my post (answer) below....Thanks for replying to my post. Cheers.
0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

Hello Mr. I'm from Croatia,no good speak English,but ok,I will try... :smiling-face:

I don't have problems with screen at all...I know it's hot screen and One Connect Box but don't have problems with that...

I was spoken about replace One Connect Box from Samsung...they replace my One Connect Box about 2 work days what I was be very supprised about it...

The 65Q900R Tv is impressive to watch,from HD channels to 4K movies,extra,extra picture quality what I see at my living room...:)

0 Likes
Huffdan7
Explorer
Options

Thanks, Ivan....English is good from you.  Yes they replaced my box but did not fix problem of lines on screen. My box gets very hot (putting hand on top and feeling it)  fan helps to keep it cool I think.   Electronics do not like heat so I think keeping them cooler is a good thing to make them last as long as possible.  Thank you for replying in your best English...you did a great job!  Cheers,

0 Likes