Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

8K Q900R. One connect box swapping HDMI 2.1

(Topic created on: 12-01-2020 05:27 PM)
dolly82
Student
Options

Have they started shipping the one connect boxes over yet from 2.0 to HDMI 2.1 ?

Cant get anything from the Indian call centre staff not one of them understands what I am asking them.

Absolutley useless for a new customer asking any questions as they do not know the products.

He kept saying on phone 60 frame per minute, then he said running in 60p -- shows you how ill informed they or on products, rang 5 different times and not one can answer my question.

does anyone who owns one of the Q900R 8Ktvs could give me an insight into them, has there been any problems, good and bad points?

be as honest as you can.

Also has anyone had the chance to see a 4k tv and an 8tv side by side and if so is the comparison noticable.?

425 REPLIES 425
tom99
Voyager
Options

@DiamondGeezer 

8k videos on YouTube - to my knowledge that's not possible yet, they are shown in 4K on Samsung's  8k TVs, due to missing compatibility with their codec. You can evidence this when you check the resolution information of YouTube while the video is running.

PS: My OCB Model Code  is SOC2001R, it was exchanged in August last year.

GQ65Q800T
0 Likes
Noirdog
Pathfinder
Options

@tom99 wrote:

@DiamondGeezer 

8k videos on YouTube - to my knowledge that's not possible yet, they are shown in 4K on Samsung's  8k TVs, due to missing compatibility with their codec. You can evidence this when you check the resolution information of YouTube while the video is running.

PS: My OCB Model Code  is SOC2001R, it was exchanged in August last year.

Codec AV1 is needed, at CES 2020 Samsung presented new 8K Q950TS and it will have support to codev AV1 also Samsung is doing a partnership with Youtube, i have open another topic about because we need an upgrade 

tom99
Voyager
Options
Interesting!
GQ65Q800T
0 Likes
Noirdog
Pathfinder
Options
0 Likes
PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

Can someone please confirm this HDMI 2.1 issue is a hardware problem, not a software, and also explain to me very briefly why it cannot be fixed through a software update  ? I get this, but I need to explain it better...

The reason is that I did get in touch with Samsung last week, through their expert telephone line, and the guy I talked to seemed to totally ignore the fact that the HDMI 2.1  issue cannot be solved with only a software update. I did repeatedly tell him it is a hardware problem, but he insisted on me updating through a link and "hopefully it would solve my problem"... 

Thank you for contacting Samsung Support.

Here are the links to the update that will hopefully solve the problem of HDMI.

All OS: http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=UNI_SE&CttFileID=7176804...

All Windows: http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=UNI_SE&CttFileID=7023473...

So I just need to understand this issue, and call them up again - and insist on them sending me the new updated One Connect Box (OCB), so I can use my 8K TV for what it was sold as... By the way, for those of you who got to swap for a new OCB, what did you do with the old one ?

0 Likes
MietiSam
Journeyman
Options

@PeerNorway  Can you please tell me if the issue you're getting is the same as MINE ?

0 Likes
PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

@MietiSam wrote:

@PeerNorway  Can you please tell me if the issue you're getting is the same as MINE ?

I have not gotten the upgraded One Connect Box replacement yet unfortunately... 

0 Likes
Noirdog
Pathfinder
Options

@PeerNorway wrote:

@MietiSam wrote:

i just called Samsung support and asked for the upgraded one connect box with hdmi 2.1 they took my address and I received the new ocb 1 week later

0 Likes
PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

@Noirdog wrote:

@PeerNorway wrote:

@MietiSam wrote:

i just called Samsung support and asked for the upgraded one connect box with hdmi 2.1 they took my address and I received the new ocb 1 week later

I just got an e-mail confirmation that I will also get a brand new upgrade One Connect Box to my QE75Q900R !

0 Likes
Noirdog
Pathfinder
Options

@PeerNorway wrote:

@Noirdog wrote:

@PeerNorway wrote:

@MietiSam wrote:

I just got an e-mail confirmation that I will also get a brand new upgrade One Connect Box to my QE75Q900R !

Great 👍 

0 Likes