Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

8K Q900R. One connect box swapping HDMI 2.1

(Topic created on: 11-10-2019 10:58 AM)
dolly82
Student
Options

Have they started shipping the one connect boxes over yet from 2.0 to HDMI 2.1 ?

Cant get anything from the Indian call centre staff not one of them understands what I am asking them.

Absolutley useless for a new customer asking any questions as they do not know the products.

He kept saying on phone 60 frame per minute, then he said running in 60p -- shows you how ill informed they or on products, rang 5 different times and not one can answer my question.

does anyone who owns one of the Q900R 8Ktvs could give me an insight into them, has there been any problems, good and bad points?

be as honest as you can.

Also has anyone had the chance to see a 4k tv and an 8tv side by side and if so is the comparison noticable.?

425 REPLIES 425
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Sunny69 wrote:

Hi Mervinsx,

I fully sympathise with your disappointment,  I too am looking at going down the route of a full refund  (whether it be cash or Samsung vouchers) 

This Q900R TV is not fit for purpose,  i'm an Aerospace Engineer and if we made a product like this we would be closed down within a week, the regulators would have a field day and come put padlocks on the front gate.

How can Samsung sell this product and get away with it.....

I think it might be a good idea if we start a new thread about being duped about the non-existence of 8K capabilities on the Q900R. 

We could call it 

Q900R 8K Samsung Scam

Funny how it is showing as solved when it clearly is not.

This thread on these forums mmay help with advice on how to claim a refund,

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/KS-Owners-Refund-usefull-info/m-p/579806#M14123

Paul

Sunny69
Pioneer
Options

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/samsung-and-lg-caught-in-a-public-spat-over-8k-tvs-3939317/amp

Alarming reading about the Q900R and how Samsung have pulled the wool over our eyes.

Sunny69
Pioneer
Options

https://www.techspot.com/amp/news/82018-consumer-technology-association-sets-official-standard-8k-uh...

Nobody from Samsung can explain to me how to get 7680 x 4320 screen resolution settings activated,  before someone says it's automatically done then why does my information bar keep on showing 3840 x 2160. 

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Sunny69 wrote:

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/samsung-and-lg-caught-in-a-public-spat-over-8k-tvs-3939317/amp

Alarming reading about the Q900R and how Samsung have pulled the wool over our eyes.

More lies and deceit from Samsung. 

These  very expensive 8 K TV's do not even meet minimum standards for 8 K. 

I think misrepresentation which is against the law and if so you are entitled to a full refund. More info on the thread ks owners refund more info. 

Paul

Sunny69
Pioneer
Options
0 Likes
Sunny69
Pioneer
Options

@paul1277 wrote:

@Sunny69 wrote:

I think misrepresentation which is against the law and if so you are entitled to a full refund. More info on the thread ks owners refund more info. 

Paul

Hi Paul, 

Would you know how I could go about getting a full refund as this model can't deliver 8K resolution,  or do you know of a thread I could get further information from.

Or does anybody have information on which organisation I can get in touch with to fight my case of being sold a 8K which is not fit for purpose. 

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Sunny69 wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@Sunny69 wrote:

Paul

Hi Paul, 

Would you know how I could go about getting a full refund as this model can't deliver 8K resolution,  or do you know of a thread I could get further information from.

Or does anybody have information on which organisation I can get in touch with to fight my case of being sold a 8K which is not fit for purpose. 

It seems to me to be another case of Samsung misrepresentation. What you need to show is you bought a 8K TV but know it is becoming aware it does not meet the minimum standard. 

I have been involved in the KS series misrepresentation in which many owners have got full refunds for misrepresentation, here is the link,

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/KS-Owners-Refund-usefull-info/m-p/579806#M14123

There is a link to the Which October 2015 European Consumer info and wizard to draft a letter, or email to send to your retailer. Remember it is your retailer who is responsible, not samsung.

Also there is the 1974 consumer credit law, section 75 which says the credit card issuer is just as liable as the retailer, as long as you paid a minimum of £100 toward the cost. Again have your evidence which there are links here and contact your credit card company if you retailer will not help.

Paul

Sunny69
Pioneer
Options
Thanks Paul

Excellent information
0 Likes
Sunny69
Pioneer
Options

Update on my major disappointment with QE65Q900R, the picture quality was atrocious, the supposedly 8K upscale technology couldn't even upscale a SD picture upto 2K, this TV relies solely on the input source and does NOT upscale the picture.

So after having a major tussle with Samsung and absolutely getting nowhere with them, as they were unable to comprehend what I was on about due to lack of knowledge on their part, the so called technical support team have very limited knowledge and have been parrot taught and seem to recite literature they have read but do not understand, they have to tow the party line, when you start talking sense to them they tend to switch off mentally and recite rubbish they have been instructed to say.

I went back to the electrical retailer and threatened them with legal action has the QE65Q900R TV was not fit for purpose, after listening to what I had to say and paying me a home visit to visually see how bad the picture quality was they awarded me full refund, on the grounds of false advertising by Samsung "Claiming the TV has 8K upscaling technology "

Which i proved it does NOT.

Cut a long story short this will be the last time I will be buying a Samsung product, which is a shame because I have so many Samsung products around the house.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Sunny69 wrote:

Update on my major disappointment with QE65Q900R, the picture quality was atrocious, the supposedly 8K upscale technology couldn't even upscale a SD picture upto 2K, this TV relies solely on the input source and does NOT upscale the picture.

So after having a major tussle with Samsung and absolutely getting nowhere with them, as they were unable to comprehend what I was on about due to lack of knowledge on their part, the so called technical support team have very limited knowledge and have been parrot taught and seem to recite literature they have read but do not understand, they have to tow the party line, when you start talking sense to them they tend to switch off mentally and recite rubbish they have been instructed to say.

I went back to the electrical retailer and threatened them with legal action has the QE65Q900R TV was not fit for purpose, after listening to what I had to say and paying me a home visit to visually see how bad the picture quality was they awarded me full refund, on the grounds of false advertising by Samsung "Claiming the TV has 8K upscaling technology "

Which i proved it does NOT.

Cut a long story short this will be the last time I will be buying a Samsung product, which is a shame because I have so many Samsung products around the house.

Well done and know your law and be persistant.

Who was the retailer, bet not PC World, I would put my money on it being Richer Sounds.

Paul