Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

8K Q900R. One connect box swapping HDMI 2.1

(Topic created on: 17-07-2019 09:49 AM)
dolly82
Student
Options

Have they started shipping the one connect boxes over yet from 2.0 to HDMI 2.1 ?

Cant get anything from the Indian call centre staff not one of them understands what I am asking them.

Absolutley useless for a new customer asking any questions as they do not know the products.

He kept saying on phone 60 frame per minute, then he said running in 60p -- shows you how ill informed they or on products, rang 5 different times and not one can answer my question.

does anyone who owns one of the Q900R 8Ktvs could give me an insight into them, has there been any problems, good and bad points?

be as honest as you can.

Also has anyone had the chance to see a 4k tv and an 8tv side by side and if so is the comparison noticable.?

425 REPLIES 425
robofobo
Journeyman
Options

I doubt about it that it’s hdmi 4 port already have hdmi 2.1, do you got any reference for it? If even it is then why they are shy to enable it. Why they are prolonging it? 

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@robofobo wrote:

I doubt about it that it’s hdmi 4 port already have hdmi 2.1, do you got any reference for it? If even it is then why they are shy to enable it. Why they are prolonging it? 

I had this model in the 60 day trial. I remember seeing the review and them saying Samsung had say there would be a free upgrade one connect box. I rang their customer support, and asked when it might be available and to confirm I was free. They told me they did not know, and they said there would be a charge, I asked how much, and as normal they could not tell me. 

What you have to remember, did the retailer advertise a free upgrade, because if not you have no recourse, even if the manufacturer or anyone else makes this claim. 

Was not happy with the tv, and it broke so went back. 

Paul

0 Likes
Tonyst1974
Apprentice
Options

Where on the website do I fined this info, cheers

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Tonyst1974 wrote:

Where on the website do I fined this info, cheers

Just ring Samsung customer service and ask the question. Or do a live chat and keep the transcript, to show here. 

0 Likes
Tonyst1974
Apprentice
Options

I called them again last week, guy told me yes they would be swapping the boxes but they don’t know when yet. He then told me to keep checking the website for more info, but I don’t know what it comes under on the site ?

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Tonyst1974 wrote:

I called them again last week, guy told me yes they would be swapping the boxes but they don’t know when yet. He then told me to keep checking the website for more info, but I don’t know what it comes under on the site ?

Did they confirm it would be free? They said that about a free smart connect USB dongle for the US series tv. That never happened. Why lots of people got refunds for misrepresentation, as the major retailers advertised this. 

0 Likes
Tonyst1974
Apprentice
Options

His words were  yes Samsung will be swapping the box for the 2.1 box for no charge  but they don’t know when this will be happening so keep checking the website for info 

0 Likes
Tonyst1974
Apprentice
Options

I did call them on three different days before I got a guy that had any idea wot I was talking about tho lol

0 Likes
Dominootje
Journeyman
Options

I recieved the new one connect box. The old one i can keep as backup

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Dominootje wrote:
I recieved the new ons connect box. The old ons i can keep as backup

Was it free? 

0 Likes