Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

65KS9500 New Firmware 1242 - Issues with firmware

(Topic created on: 03-03-2020 08:35 PM)
Gabor94
Pioneer
Options

The new update of Samsung KS series 7000--->9800!!!
Fw 1242 update completely destroys the game mode. Test it in game mode local dimming test in youtube. The black color is now gray. What the .... is this update?? Why destroy samsung Ks series??? I have UE65KS9505. This model in Usa UN65KS9800. This model is FALD local dimming one of the best black level on samsung model with 150 local dimming zones. This model was at that time the most expensive Samsung TV. Please help us who have this TV!! Samsung cannot do this to destroy thousands of dollars of TVs.
Test your KS series tv's to see the problem. Ks7000--->Ks9800.
Need to report to Samsung so we know about the problem and they fix it. Don't ruin our TV!

80 REPLIES 80
Gabor94
Pioneer
Options
We hope Samsung changes this attitude and an update will be released within a few weeks which is worthy of these models!! Samsung fix the FALD algorithm on Ks9500!
0 Likes
BuzStringer
Apprentice
Options

I was so close to hitting the update button. so glad i searched before doing so.

I spent ages dialing the settings for a good balance between gaming and media (HTPC).

For now i have disabled internet access on the TV from the router. might remove it from the network.

0 Likes
Arnaud0706
Student
Options

Hi

the v1242 just raised on the screen yesterday, and I skipped the upgrade for now until I know better what's in there.

The last update was a bad one for me and the apps I'm using on a daily basis (MyCanal, for Canal+ receiving), and Samsung took few weeks to issue a fix that is working ok now.

Anyway, if other  members can post other feedbacks on this release i would be much interested in knowing if external devices as Soundbars (Samsung HW-J7500) got better connection reliability after the update.

0 Likes
RandomGuy1
First Poster
Options

Honestly i upgraded the firmware just now , and i don't see why the others are having an issue with this update.

My screen is connected to my PC.  Always on 4096 resolution. Still in "Game" Mode. I don't see any degrade.

I am normally Full of nonsense when it comes to response time and image quality.  "reason for having a 4K Gaming PC and using Game mode". So yeah there is that. Thank you.

0 Likes
BalthazarLuz
Options

Hi all! I turn on my tv KS7000 now and appears a upgrade firmware 1242. I press OK and tv rebooted. After upgrade is done, a vertical green line appears in middle of television screen! This upgrade broken my tv! What i need to do for fix it? how make downgrade firmaware?  I very upset and sad! Please, help me.

0 Likes
Jersyboy1210
First Poster
Options

Try doing a hard reset by unplugging the power cable from behind the TV and then plugging it back in. That's helped me in the past whenever I saw something weird in the image.

0 Likes
Gabor94
Pioneer
Options

We need to signal to Samsung that we are aware of the problems and stop destroying older models because they are not reaching their goal of buying a new TV, on the contrary, because this attitude is disgusting. what do you expect to buy top tv for $ 4000 every 2 years ??? Black is now gray !! I do not believe that others do not notice this. They have changed the algorithm that controls the backlight. At average usage, you won't notice. But if you are watching a dark scene in the evening where you are creeping in, you can't turn off the backlight as before but only dimly light gray. If you search for the error you will notice. Slowly the picture quality is degraded to make you feel obsolete on TV. As many as have to indicate that the case is going to get legal, just as Apple will pay the penalty because it is slowly degrading its quality. Report as many people as possible to fix the bugs. Even if you don't see the bug even because there is a bug max you can't see it but 2 3 updates and a piece of plastic will make the tv 5 years old. Don't be a bird and let it run by your nose !!!

Dezire
First Poster
Options

Hi all, 

Kindly help me on how to update my UA65KS9500, YouTube doesn't work no matter how many times I reset to factory setting yet the software is updated? 

Thanks in advance 

0 Likes
HDR_POWER
Apprentice
Options

Hola a todos. Estoy realmente muy sorprendido con lo que está sucediendo. Desde la última actualización 1242, mi televisor Ks7000 se ha convertido en un panel IPS. Los negros se lavan. YouTube, Netflix, SDR, HDR todo el contenido ha empeorado mucho, tanto los colores como los negros se han desvanecido. Imagen con niebla y artefactos en la oscuridad.

Quizás los usuarios menos avanzados e ignorantes no se den cuenta. El cambio es muy significativo. No esperaba esto de Samsung. Una actualización después de tanto tiempo no parece ser un error, la degradación de la calidad de la imagen parece hacerse a fondo. Además de eso, no puedo volver a una versión de firmware anterior. Samsung se actualiza y te obliga a tener una actualización, te guste o no. Tengo un Q80R en la sala de estar con solo 1 mes, ¿significa que en 4 años también arruinarán la calidad de este televisor? El KS7000 en mi habitación se ve realmente peor con esta actualización. El panel es totalmente nuevo porque el anterior tenía fugas leves. Su rendimiento con la versión de firmware anterior fue excelente.

No volveré a hacer ninguna actualización hasta que me asegure de que no arruinen la calidad de la imagen. Esto solo sirve para perder la confianza en esta marca. Espero que todo esto sea un error y se solucione en un futuro próximo. De lo contrario sería desafortunado. Muy a tener en cuenta en futuras compras.

Gracias por su atención.

Hi everyone. I am really very surprised with what is happening. Since the last update 1242 my Ks7000 tv has been converted to an IPS panel. Blacks are washed. YouTube, Netflix, SDR, HDR all content has gotten much worse, both colors and blacks are washed out. Image with fog and artifacts in the dark.

Perhaps less advanced and ignorant users do not realize it. The change is very significant. I did not expect this from Samsung. An update after so long does not seem to be a mistake, the degradation of the image quality seems to be done thoroughly. On top of that I can't go back to a previous firmware version. Samsung updates and forces you to have an update whether you like it or not. I have a Q80R in the living room with only 1 month, it means that in 4 years they will ruin the quality of this tv too? The KS7000 in my room looks really worse with this update. The panel is totally new because the previous one had light leaks. Its performance with the previous firmware version was excellent.

I won't do any updates again until I make sure they don't ruin the image quality. This only serves to lose confidence in this brand and in the future do not buy again or advise anyone. I hope this is all a bug and will be fixed in the near future. Otherwise it would be unfortunate. Very to take into account in future purchases.

Thanks for listening.