Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

55" JU6510 6 Series Curved UHD 4K Smart LED TV

(Topic created on: 25-01-2017 08:15 PM)
Vidfreak
Journeyman
Options

Have just purchased the 55" JU6510 6 Series Curved UHD 4K Smart LED TV and the product description on the Samsung website and the retailer website both state 4 hdmi and 3 USB ports.  I can only find 3 hdmi and 2 USB ports.  3 hdmi and 2 USB is also shown in the picture information included in the box.  Are there any "hidden" anywhere?

thanks

VlDfRe@k
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AntS
Options

Hi Vidfreak. :smileyhappy:

Does the side-view of your TV look like this?

JU6510_side.JPG

(Top three slots on there are USB; the next four are HDMI.)

0 Likes
Vidfreak
Journeyman
Options

looks similar but no.... i have 3 hdmi then the optical out then 2 usb.  the unused port just below the hdmi is the ethernet porttv1.jpg

VlDfRe@k
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Where did you buy it from? And can you confirm the full model code? Both on the label on the back and in Menu > Support > Contact Samsung.

0 Likes
Vidfreak
Journeyman
Options

the model displayed whn i chose the contact samsung option is UE55KU6510 and the description from the catalogue website whee purchased states "Samsung UE55KU6510UXXU  55 inch, Freeview HD, LED Smart Ultra HD Curved TV"

in the technical specifications it states the following for the model number UE55KU6510UXXU:

Product Description
Samsung UE55JU6510U 6 Series - 55" LED TV
Product Type
Curved LED-backlit LCD TV - Smart TV
Diagonal Class
55"
Colour
White
Resolution
3840 x 2160
Display Format
4K UHD (2160p)
Motion Enhancement Technology
1100 Picture Quality Index
Video Interface
Component, composite, HDMI
HDMI Ports Qty
4 ports
Connectivity
Wi-Fi, LAN
PC Interface
Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL)
HDCP Compatible
Yes
LCD Backlight Technology
LED backlight - Micro Dimming Pro
TV Tuner
1x analogue, 1x digital
Digital TV Tuner
DVB-C, DVB-S2, DVB-T2
Multi-channel Preview
Picture-in-picture (PIP)
Speaker System
2 speakers
Sound Effects
DTS Studio Sound, DTS Premium Sound 5.1
USB
3 ports
Remote Control
Standard remote
Voltage
AC 230V (50/60 Hz)
Energy Class
Class A+
Power Consumption Operational
197 Watt
Power Consumption (On mode)
83 W
Energy Consumption per Year
115 kWh
Dimensions (WxDxH) - without stand
124.17 cm x 11.19 cm x 71.86 cm
Weight
16.2 kg

Are they displaying the specs for the J series but selling the K series??? and if so, does the K series have 3 and 2 whereby the J series have 4 and 3????

VlDfRe@k
0 Likes
Solution
AntS
Options

What you've got is one of these. And yes, it has 3 HDMI and 2 USB.

Might be best having a word with the retailer. From what you've posted, it looks like they're describing a UE55JU6510U from the Product Description down.

0 Likes
Solution
Vidfreak
Journeyman
Options

thanks, your confirmation is greatly appreciated.   thats what i figured but i wanted to check before i made an issue out of it with the retailer.

VlDfRe@k
0 Likes
Solution
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options

If you think the retailer mis sold you the tv go and see citizens advice they can give you help from a consumer solicitor for free as retailers can be slippery almost as much as Samsung.

G G
0 Likes
Vidfreak
Journeyman
Options

i have contacted the retailer stating that not only have they sent me a model different to the one listed on my confirmation email, but their website is showing and is listed as the k series but they are displaying the j series so therefore other potential consumers may get mis-led.  my major point of contention is that nowadays connectivity, especially the range of different ports and the number of them, can be a major concern when purchasing tv's etc and as this seems to be the only real difference between the 2 series' then it should be addressed and rectified.

i await a response and will try to keep you updated

VlDfRe@k
0 Likes