Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4K Samsung glitching slightly

(Topic created on: 07-12-2018 06:22 PM)
Capincanuck
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung UBD-M7500 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Player and a new Samsung 65”4K tv.. I love it!!! 

Only complaint is that when I am watching a 4K movie or Blu-ray movie at least twice during the movie the movie glitches .For a second there’s no sound and the picture in the movie keeps playing .  I was concerned it was the TV but when I run my PS4 threw the TV it works without a glitch .  I upgraded the 4K HDMI cable just in case that was the issue .  But it seems to be still doing it .

Any ideas or Settings I can do to stop this ?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Capincanuck.

Are you still having this issue  or have you come across a fix?

0 Likes
Capincanuck
First Poster
Options
Yes but I am still not 100% sure it is the player. I have a new tv and soundbar it is running through. Although the PS4 is also running through and doesn’t have a problem.
0 Likes
TomF
Options

Is this happening with a particular movie or multiple movies? 

0 Likes
Capincanuck
First Poster
Options

All movies and only from the player. I have watched DVD's Blurays and 4K blurays. I was thinking it could be the optical cable coming from the TV to the soundbar but it is not doing it with the other players.
I have been thinking about going wifi or blutooth to the soundbar to test it out or nock it off the list. Or just running through the TV speekers.
I am wondering if it could be oversensative and the slightest dist is cutting the sound.
Again it is only 2 or three times during a movie.
I also hate to point at the player until I am 100% condident but I cant seem to think of anything else.

0 Likes
TomF
Options
Connecting it through Wi-Fi or Bluetooth might not be a bad idea. When it comes to troubleshooting and pinpointing the root cause, every step taken goes a long way. Give it a go and me know how you get on @Capincanuck!
0 Likes
Capincanuck
First Poster
Options
Nothing yet. I still need to try the Bluetooth thing instead of going through the optical cable.
0 Likes
rob81
First Poster
Options

Hi 

I have a UBD-M7500 as well. Mine has just totally stopped outputting sound, no matter if its playing smart features or disc. I only have it connected to the tv via HDMI cable, tried a different cable and different devices through the cables to the tv so i know the tv and cable are ok, only have the problem with the ubd. Very little troubleshooting info on these though.

0 Likes