Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

49" MU6472 screen powers off while watching Netflix for around an hour

(Topic created on: 23-04-2018 01:06 PM)
hual
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I recently bought a brand new Samsung 49" MU6472 TV. After watching Netflix for about an hour the screen randomly goes black and then the backlight shuts down and it seems like the screen is completely off. Nonetheless the TV is on because the light on the power on button is off, indicating the TV is on. Then, when I press any button on the remote the screen instantly powers back on and Netflix immediately starts buffering what I was previously playing. It seems like it goes to sleep but I've disabled all eco/timer settings I could find and the TV's firmware is up to date. Has anyone else experienced something like this?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
First Poster
Options

0 Likes
hual
Apprentice
Options

I'm not sure why you deleted your previous message to replace it with "....." but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing this. Have you noticed it happening outside of Netflix or could it be the Netflix app causing the issue?

0 Likes
First Poster
Options

I saw some other Google search "discussions" that seemed related and wanted to check out first before (might work, and thus not alarm needlessly). Those seemed unresolved as well.  Only with Netflix. And then I recalled getting some message on TV yesterday (with that full blackout) "You do not have enough bandwidth" that felt should try to check out first (though that full blackout - Netflix was all blackout from that point <just Netflix>) was resolved after resetting Hub as described in another Google search "discussion".  Did not happen again last night since, and wanted to try hardwiring (ethernet cable from router) instead of streaming if it did - often wondering about periodic interferences here. (I also double checked software version update status and it was current, which it was not able to do the other night <it "failed" to complete> - maybe it went thru at some point the last few hours. Waiting to see if it happens again.

0 Likes
hual
Apprentice
Options

So do you get a full blackout or just the screen off like in sleep mode where it resumes normally when you press a key on the remote?

0 Likes
First Poster
Options

First, I got he full blackout on Netflix. Then I saw that Googled article regarding such with a solution that worked. I tried it (reset Samsung "Hub" software, which resets components including likely Netflix) and it worked fine.

Then, I had the issue you described (like sleep mode, but resumes with touching any key). It hasn't happened again since the last (first) time the other day.

0 Likes
hual
Apprentice
Options

Sadly mine's done it a few times but it's most likely software-related so I'm hoping someone notices it, especially seeing as it's happening across models.

0 Likes
Binghammer
First Poster
Options

Has any found a solution to this? 

0 Likes