Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D TV's

(Topic created on: 04-01-2017 02:47 PM)
duchovny6
Apprentice
Options

which samsung tv's are 3D compatable?? I have a samsung blu-ray 3D player and want to get a new samsung tv that I can use it with.

Dave.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Eltas
Pathfinder
Options
JU7000, JU7500 and H6400 TVs are all currently supported Samsung TVs. It's a shame that manufacturers are moving away from 3D, I really liked the technology.
There are others, the whole 2014 range of TVs are 3D - the UE**JS/JU
** being the size of the screen, e.g. 55 for 55 inch
duchovny6
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, yeah it is a shame that their moving away from 3D especially since theres more blu ray films being done in 3D. I dont understand why their not doing more 3Dtv options.

Dave.
0 Likes
Eltas
Pathfinder
Options
Unfortunately people find 3D eye straining (I don't, personally) and prolonged use of those glasses annoy consumers - again, not me personally.
Samsung have been working on a glasses less way to watch 3D TV, they patented a TV/projector that projects through another pane of glass that adds depth to what the viewers are watching on the other side.
They also have Multi View TV that I thought was amazing but some of these technologies are expensive and the average consumer isn't willing to pay that premium.
0 Likes
duchovny6
Apprentice
Options

I don't have a problem watching 3D program's or film's either, nor do I have a problem with the glasses. Some 3D glasses can be bulky feeling so if the found away to make them more like normal glasses would be a bonus, I'm sure technology will find away especially since more and more movies are available in 3D.

Dave.
0 Likes
ChrisIW
First Poster
Options

I'm a big fan of 3D tech, it really improves the viewing experience for me.  In all honestly I have no intention of buying from any manufacturer that has ditched the format, so my next TV will probably be a Samsung if they're supporting it.

I agree with what you said about technology improving, stuff like the glasses will probably be much better in 10 years time (if glasses are needed at all by then).  The trouble is that people are impatient and they want perfection straight away.

0 Likes