Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Q60T QLED TV (UK) - Does it come with a Screen Protective film that needs to be peeled off?

(Topic created on: 05-06-2020 05:24 PM)
Pulcina79
Apprentice
Options

Help please: when we unboxed the new TV there was no screen protector to peel off, only the ones on the side and edges. I found it quite unusual. Now I wonder if there is indeed a protective plastic sheet on the TV screen and if it could be the one shown in the picture below. Shall I leave it be? It seems pretty unusual that the screen has this edge. Many thanks for the help.is this a screen protector we need to peel off?is this a screen protector we need to peel off?

0 Likes
45 REPLIES 45
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Pulcina79 ,

There is usually a plastic covering to protect the TV. I would recommend not to peeling this one off as this is meant to protect the TV screen. 

0 Likes
Pulcina79
Apprentice
Options

Thank you very much!

srvo
Apprentice
Options

I have the same TV and the same question. Part of me feels like I shouldn't remove it, but it seems odd that a TV with such attention to detail on the design would have this plastic film that doesn't quite fit to the edges. Also my screen has a matte look to it. I don't know if that's on purpose to prevent reflections or if it's because it needs to be removed... 

IMG_20200605_202346.jpg

bbwest
Journeyman
Options
did you ever get an answer. that is just like mine on my new tv. did you remove. One youtube says to do so and others say do not!
0 Likes
bbwest
Journeyman
Options

Hi. did you ever get another answer to this? I have chatted with samsung 2 times about it and one said take it off and the other said not to. HOW can a company NOT KNOW their own product? Please let me know what you did in the end. Yours looks just like mine. 

jayh89
Helping Hand
Options

Hey. You absolutely do peel this off. It protects it in transport only. For example, mine came with the plastic sheet on it but also a big barcode on the plastic sheet in the centre. Was I meant to keep the sheet on and watch through a barcode? Of course not. Remove it and enjoy the proper picture!  Think when you get a new phone, it comes with a plastic sheet, that you remove! 

0 Likes
srvo
Apprentice
Options

When I contacted Samsung they said to leave it on as it's the 'anti reflective' coating. They said if it needs to be peeled off then it would have a blue tab on it. Mine didn't have a tab on it, however mine was ex-display so I didn't know if the tab was missing or if there was another film that had already been removed. I've left it on to play it safe. 

jayh89
Helping Hand
Options
0 Likes
Pulcina79
Apprentice
Options

Hi, in the end I did not remove it. I think it's anti reflex coating - although at first I thought it couldn't be: it looks too shabby. I tried seeing if it was coming off but it seemed pretty stuck, so I let it be. 

0 Likes