Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Samsung Q90 TV No HDMI Input / Source

(Topic created on: 02-12-2019 04:27 AM)
baaarrrkkkeeerr
First Poster
Options

Just bought a 55" Q90 QLED TV. Unfortunately on the first night of ownership it had stopped seeing the HDMI1 input from my Humax Freesat box.  I just get the annoying light blue screen saying Source and no input detected.  It's strange because it worked for the first hour but after going away to Netflix I came back and can't get it to work at all.  

I've tried various HDMI leads including a new high speed one I bought today. It also isn't showing a picture for my Mac Mini plugged into HDMI2 or Amazon Firestick in HDMI3 so all I can watch is online content.

I managed to see files and watch a video from a USB stick I plugged into the one connect box. The TV also shows if the source is turned on and it knew it was an Amazon Firestick so seems data is getting from the one connect box to the telly. The cable hasn't been damaged by the way.

My hunch is that the one connect could be faulty.

I've tried factory reset, checked firmware is up to date.

I'm caught in a bad situation as I can't return the TV to Samsung from who I bought it as they are out of stock so can't replace it. If I go for a repair I've heard the engineers that come out are useless and the tv might have to be sent away. 

If I choose the repair option then it voids my 28 day chance to return it.

Any help appreciated 🙏

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options
@baaarrrkkkeeerr: If you have tried multiple external devices and HDMI cables and the problem is persisting then it may be the case that the either the One Connect Box or invisible cable, or both, is not functioning properly. I understand your concerns regarding a repair, however I encourage you to reach out to Samsung Support, as you may be able to arrange a replacement One Connect box and cable as an alternative resolution. In the meantime, please check to make sure your invisible cable is free from any obstructions, and that it is not twisted.
0 Likes
baaarrrkkkeeerr
First Poster
Options

Thanks AndrewL for replying. Yes I have tried different cables and devices and the TV is not seeing any of them.  The invisible cable from the one connect box to TV is in perfect condition, all connections are good and I've turned everything off and on numerous times, even leaving it all powered down over night. 

I can't return the TV yet as they are out of stock so they will straight refund but that's not what I want as it came with a free soundbar and that deal is no longer available to re-purchase anywhere.  I'm just going to wait out the 28 days and return it if and when the stocks replenish. Seems a bit excessive if it's just the one connect box but no one has offered me the chance to send me a new one yet.  They all just say return it. 

I had booked the engineer to come out in the hope they may be able to test the one connect box or investigate. They tell me as it's within 28 days they won't send it for a repair anyway so there's no point in an engineer coming out.

Meanwhile the telly sits on the sideboard gathering dust while the huge box gets pushed around the house as it's getting in the way!! 

0 Likes