Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 UHD Evolution Kit - SEK-4500

(Topic created on: 13-11-2018 11:17 PM)
rebelmc
First Poster
Options

Hi - can anybody confirm when this upgrade to my One Connect box will be available in the UK? I have a UE48js9000 which i bought in 2015, which Samsung sold on the basis of its upgradeability - well it's now been three years with no upgrades offered!

I understand that the SEK-4500 will be what i am looking for but i can't see anywhere i can buy it.

43 REPLIES 43
Saundersbaz
Student
Options
I 2nd this.
CorrieD
Apprentice
Options

I am unfortunately 90% certain it will never happen, I have a JS8500 also sold to me on that point. It's been said samsung stopped that program from 2016 which in turn, essentially outdated the Js series 😞

0 Likes
Saundersbaz
Student
Options

Well the 4500 is showing on Norwegian site and Danish site. So there is hope.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Whilst new versions  of evolution kits were discontinued,  seems the ball started rolling after a successfu  small claims case in the US (2016)   According to Flat Panels the 2018 kit currently available in Spain, Norway, Denmark, and Finland.  Flat Panels-2018 Evolution Kit

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
James204
First Poster
Options

I purchased mine from here:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F163318813462

They are in stock and ship international :smiling-face:

Weterpalters
Student
Options

Hi, 

I’m thinking about going for this myself - can you confirm that all is up and running? Do the apps conform to the uk standard (like BBC iPlayer etc)?

Cheers,

Pete

0 Likes
dougie06n
Student
Options

hi James204

can you confirm these sek 4500 from austraila work in uk model tvs and all uk apps etc work before myself and others order them as they are cheaper than the 3500 that were hard to find but still a few pound to buy if they end up a paper weight,

thank you for any information

0 Likes
KhalidK
First Poster
Options

Seems to being released in most countries - so would fully expect Samsung to release it here.  Very dissapointed if they do not.

Sez88
First Poster
Options

Hi James204 did the UHD Evolution Kit SEK-4500 work on your UK TV? Did you buy an American, norweigan or Australian model?

0 Likes