Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 UHD Evolution Kit - SEK-4500

(Topic created on: 22-05-2019 08:13 AM)
rebelmc
First Poster
Options

Hi - can anybody confirm when this upgrade to my One Connect box will be available in the UK? I have a UE48js9000 which i bought in 2015, which Samsung sold on the basis of its upgradeability - well it's now been three years with no upgrades offered!

I understand that the SEK-4500 will be what i am looking for but i can't see anywhere i can buy it.

43 REPLIES 43
Ashykhan
Journeyman
Options

Hi there Claus4, please keep us updated on your findings. I read somewhere on this forum, someone very adamant that the SEK4500 doesn't work with the uk JS9000 TVs? But I can't seem to find that comment now, I think whoever it was must have deleted the comment after finding out the truth and didn't feel like sharing after causing confusion. Claus4 it would be truly appreciated if you could debunk that myth and also let us know if the SEK4500 causes any loss of features as you mentioned in your comment. Also details on which region your box is from. The more details the better. Please keep us updated on your findings. All the best👍👍👍

0 Likes
claus4
Explorer
Options

Hi Thank you for your reply to the SEK4500  i also try to find out if i will loose the 3D of the tv js 9000 65 inch Samsung  as soon i find out i will install it on my tv and put my findings on the Site. i printed 2Manuals of a site one was 165 pages and one was 80 pages , the the full manuals

0 Likes
Fellapb
Apprentice
Options

Hi Fellas

I have the JS7000 2015 model flat screen 65 been superb tv but as I have read as you guys have that not sure if this evolution kit works with Vat added it works out nearly £300 which is a lot but it would have t o work properly for me to invest

Just need to find out if it's worth the investment 

0 Likes
simonpj145
Apprentice
Options

I too would be interested in knowing if imported versions work with no loss of functionality. 

Its less important for me now as i have a 4K receiver and sky q so I can put my 4K sources through the receiver. Sky q now has Netflix and my BD player has Amazon Prime in addition.

Still won’t be buying Samsung next time though. 

0 Likes
claus4
Explorer
Options

I payd  278 from Alza.co.uk no postage, I haven't installed my 4500 as I don't know if my 65 inch js9000 will still be a 3D Tv after installation

0 Likes
Frustrated19
Journeyman
Options
I have just bought one. First page of the instructions says it is for my JS9000 uhd TV. But the cable it comes with has a hdmi plug on the end but my TV has a larger display port socket so I can't use it and Samsung UK cannot seem to get my query for a different cable.
0 Likes
Frustrated19
Journeyman
Options
Got a sek 4500 evolution box from Germany as was cheaper than the same one on ebay. Got it now but the connection lead has a hdmi plug on the end but my TV has a larger display port JS9000. Samsung services cannot or will not supply the correct lead so I can use. Very annoying.
0 Likes
Frustrated19
Journeyman
Options
Does your JS9000 series TV have any hdmi sockets on the TV as the cable supplied by a German supplier has a hdmi plug on the end but my TV has a larger display port so I don't use it.
0 Likes
dougie06n
Student
Options
Hi I think you will find that the 4500 plugs into the sek 2500 or sek 3500 and not directly into the tv itself I am sure I read that somewhere this is why I sold my tv and bought a new one, hope this helps
Frustrated19
Journeyman
Options
You have managed to sort out the problems that Samsung haven't or couldn't sort in the space of a few minutes. For everyone who might be interested then: I bought the sek 4500 evolution kit from Germany which came with the remote and cable which plugs into the evolution box at one end and the hdmi plug which goes into the hdmi socket on my sek 3500 box. There are only three hdmi sockets on the sek 4500, down from four on the sek 3500. I did a fresh install, but the box only has three countries, Germany, Austria and Switzerland. I selected English, then Switzerland and after connecting my terrestrial TV and Freesat, the box did the rest. At the moment I am watching TV, Virgin media with no problems. (touch wood). The seller in Germany was cheaper than the sellers on both eBay and amazon, but please shop around. There is quite a lot of information and different options on the new box, and as I have just done the install it seems to be working OK. Hdmi, Uhd settings, pip, sound, 3d and colour all seem to be working fine. I did put 30 frames per and 60htz are jumping on a 2160 recording of a uhd film but I am going to readjust to 50htz and 25 frames and that should sort out the video. Thank you so much for simple but brilliant idea. I would never had thought about that but it still means having two evo boxes under the TV (JS9000). Any questions then please contact me and I'll check with the setup and get back to you. Bye for now, ONE HAPPY BUNNY.