Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 UHD Evolution Kit - SEK-4500

(Topic created on: 18-05-2019 03:25 PM)
rebelmc
First Poster
Options

Hi - can anybody confirm when this upgrade to my One Connect box will be available in the UK? I have a UE48js9000 which i bought in 2015, which Samsung sold on the basis of its upgradeability - well it's now been three years with no upgrades offered!

I understand that the SEK-4500 will be what i am looking for but i can't see anywhere i can buy it.

43 REPLIES 43
Ashykhan
Journeyman
Options

The 2018 evolution kit has already been made available in other countries like US and others this was after a public outcry that we were lied to on a false promise. In America a man successfully got a full refund for his 3 or so year old tv. On the grounds this promise was not upheld. Leading to more following the same reute. This 2016 outrage let to samsung releasing the 2018 evolution kit for those areas. The question is does samsung want its UK CUSTOMERS following the same reute! Obviously they do and I think we need to be more vocal here in the UK or our rights will continue to be overlooked! Back in 2010 I think it was I bought the UE40B7000 with the promise this first gen smart tv or internet@tv as they called it would evolve year on year, but this was a lie as the stoped its support the next year with the release of the next flagship tv. This same lie has been apparent with all its products! I bought the BDF7500 SMART BLURAY PLAYER but the very next year they stopped its updates due to releasing the next new model which very much the same product just a different colour and different model no. Samsung could have easily adapted the later years models firmware to work on the BDF7500 but no they didn't because the Samsung scam is they want their customers to buy replacement browngoods (tv, bluray players ect. Year on year! Like a mobile phone! So samsung if you are realy eco friendly as you make out just to make a sale why don't you honour the commitment to software firmware updates! How would you guys honour a promise for a hardware update! Samsung you are quick to release firmware patches that reset your customers bluray players back to DVD Region 2, BLURAY ZONE B. And lock it that way for good! The moment you get wind the Samsung Comunity has found a region or zone workaround! Why can't you be this quick or on point in keeping your word and updating the products you sold us! Everyone here in the UK I think we need to start a petition or get Dispatches, Panarama or watchdog to investigate. Because this treatment of a life of a product in a country no world we are trying to go Green Samsung is sure doing a good job in saying it is a Green eco company when in reality the landfills (tipps) are just filling with one year old samsung products! Samsung I for one would like the Evolution Kit easily available to purchase and what I mean by that is go into my electronics dealer and purchase it the way I would all other products. Well samsung it is 2019 and the 2018 evo kit has not been made readily available in the UK? So it time to give us an updated 2019 Evolution Kit here in the UK. I am a confirmed samsung customer and my UE55JS9000 is waiting for an upgrade! Samsung the onus is on you.

Samsingh
Apprentice
Options

Did this work?

0 Likes
Samsingh
Apprentice
Options

Come on Samsung, pull your fingers out.  We need an upgrade that is well ovrdue!!!

Fellapb
Apprentice
Options

It's a disgrace  no more updates for my Samsung TV 2015 and no evolution kit not happy

Samsingh
Apprentice
Options

Who told you that???

0 Likes
Fellapb
Apprentice
Options

Not had an update for a year  on my TV also the evolution kit is not for use in UK and won't work on my TV .

If you Google you can only buy from sources where it's available 

0 Likes
claus4
Explorer
Options

Hi there i bought the European SEK4500 from Alza.co.uk  took about a week to come

0 Likes
Weterpalters
Student
Options

And did it work ok? Which model tv do you have? Thanks for any help, Claus. 

0 Likes
claus4
Explorer
Options

I havent got it installed jet as i got to find out if the 3D will still be working on my Samsung JS9000  65 INCH TV   please anybody there advise me on this and can i put a Hdmi adapter as i have 5 hdmi appliances to get connected to it and the 4500 only has 2 left on it as i have Sky sat german sat ablueray player and a laserdisc player plus a headse and sound bar connected to it

0 Likes
claus4
Explorer
Options
I BOUGHT MY sek 4500 JUST LAST MONTH FROM alza.CO.UK IN tHECHOSLOWAKIA TOOK 3 DAY TO COME I BOUGHT IT FOR MY 65iNCH JS 9000 ,but I haven't installed it as jet as I got to find out if my 3D on that TV still be working and I need good 4K 3D HDMI Adapters as the in very short supply on the SEK4500
0 Likes