Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 55 Q9FN Dolby Atmos

(Topic created on: 23-06-2019 10:58 AM)
jamief
First Poster
Options

So looking at a soundbar which has dolby atmos sound so wonder if tv supports dolby atmos sound. The bar will  be plugged in via arc

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options
@jamief: This model features Dolby Digital Plus and can be activated by going to Settings > Sound > Expert Settings > Digital Output Audio Format > Dolby Digital Plus, and is only available via HDMI ARC. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
Krashing
Navigator
Options

Hello please check this petition to bring Dolby atoms and vision support on our high end tv http://chng.it/ZTTsbD46TF

0 Likes
Krashing
Navigator
Options

Hello please check this petition to bring Dolby atoms and vision support on our high end tv http://chng.it/ZTTsbD46TF

0 Likes
AdyB
First Poster
Options

Even though I have a Sonos Arc plugged into my 2018 55Q9FN, I only get the option of PCM and when I select Dolby Digital Plus I get "This Function Isn't Available". Why is that and when will Samsung give us the ability to fully use Dolby Atmos without having to upgrade to a brand new TV? Will Samsung release a new 'One Connect Box' for this model to be able to take advantage of Dolby Atmos?

0 Likes
DanielG1
First Poster
Options

I have also Q9FN (2018) Model.

I wanted to get the sonos arc.

Did you try to start playing atmos material via apple TV or oder HDMI inputs and then check if DD+ ist? selectable ? 

I believe that the samsung apps are not updated for Atmos content, but maybe via HDMI pass though the atmos audio content can be send  over DD+ .

Thank you for some feedback.

0 Likes
Krashing
Navigator
Options

Yes I tried 

it doesn’t work. The only way to get atmos on q9f is to connect the media player directly to the sound bar otherwise it doesn’t process it 

0 Likes
MikeMagnum
Journeyman
Options

How do we do that and what's the most affordable option please?

0 Likes