Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 QLED QE65Q8C picture glitches before TV shuts down and then restarts of its own accord.

(Topic created on: 18-08-2018 06:13 AM)
TheSentry
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately having spent €3099 on a 65 inch QLED last July the TV started to develop problems about a month ago. After approx 20 -30 mins usage, the picture would start glitching (random flashes) every minute or two before the TV would then close itself down and then restart about 15 sec later. This would then go on to repeat iteself continuously. Of note, I have read of quite a few  similar problems with other TVs on this community and on the net. The problem occurs with HDMI sources (for example, Samsung Ultra HD Bluray player) and internally (Netflix). Currently running the latest firmware and TV not set to eco mode. Even placed a fan behind the TV in order to try and keep the connect box cool as I believe that this maybe where the problems may lie. The TV was rebooted remotely by Samsung Tech but to no avail. Was then informed me that a tech would do a home visit in the next few days, but still awaiting contact (actually made sure that I was in the house for the following 3 days just in case he called either personally or on my home number). Contatced Samsung who stated that they had been trying to contact me but strangely I have no record of this on either home or mobile phone? Losing patience and confidence with Samsung at a rapid rate of knots!

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That's not what we like to hear, @TheSentry. If a Service Order (engineer visit), has been arranged through our Support Team, they should be able to give you a date and approximate time that the engineer should be with you.

We would suggest getting back in touch with them directly to clarify this.

Let us know how you get on.

0 Likes
TheSentry
Journeyman
Options
I received another telephone call from a Samsung tech (not the home visit as promised), who advised that I switch off the eco mode (which was already off in any case), together with a couple of other modes that were still on. After then watching Netflix for approx 30 mins the same problem occurred yet again - TV started to flicker before switching itself off and on again. I, therefore, tried to send another request for assistance (schedule an appointment for someone to ring) but the when I tried to do so I was informed to try again later. As you may well appreciate, I am now getting extremely frustrated and losing every confidence in both the product and Samsung. I have already spent an inordinate amount of time in trying to fix a rather expensive TV.
0 Likes
TheSentry
Journeyman
Options

Latest update: Still no further forward. It would appear that the Samsung support that is accessed via the TV does not communicate with the Samsung assistance provided in their website. Naturally I assumed that the two would have been linked. In other words, its as if the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. Needless to say I'm still trying to sort out a house visit for a Samsung approved engineer to address the problem -  with not too much success at present. I have maintained a diary of all contact whcih to be honest, does not make for good reading as far as customer support is concerned. 

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @TheSentry.

When you spoke to the Support Team on Saturday, did the engineer visit come into the conversation? Were you able to establish if an appointment had been booked?

0 Likes
TheSentry
Journeyman
Options

Spoke to tech Samsung Tech support yesturday and they supplied me with telephone number and reference of approved engineer who can do the house visit. Tried to ring several times yesturday and also this morning but just goes to voicemail.  Also spoke to a lady from your department who is now raisinhg a complaint and is confident that someone will ring me today in order to sort out a house visit once and for all. We will see........

0 Likes
TheSentry
Journeyman
Options

Almost midday and still no call. Potential for, yet again, another day wasted sitting in my house waiting for someone to ring.......

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@TheSentry wrote:

Almost midday and still no call. Potential for, yet again, another day wasted sitting in my house waiting for someone to ring.......

I never ever got a call back. I had to always chance them up. You are best Ringing them. 

Paul

0 Likes
TheSentry
Journeyman
Options

Have spoken to numerous individuals but still no engineer house visit arranged. Looks definitely like another full day wasted waiting in my house for a call - this is now getting totally beyond a joke. I think the word 'disgraceful' springs to mind!

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@TheSentry wrote:

Have spoken to numerous individuals but still no engineer house visit arranged. Looks definitely like another full day wasted waiting in my house for a call - this is now getting totally beyond a joke. I think the word 'disgraceful' springs to mind!

Have you informed you retailer as under the law they are responsible. As for waiting for call backs,  it us a rare thing if it happens. I was dealing with them for months and never got a ring back. I always had to ring them,  and go through the same process. I did get put through to someone who did try to help,  by doing a remote control but that did not work. I eventually contacted the UK CEO office which eventually got a full refund. Took over 6 months and a lot of hair pulling. Mine was due to it not doing scheduled recording. 

Paul

0 Likes