Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2016 KS7000 Firmware 1241 update

(Topic created on: 29-10-2019 02:15 PM)
art55essex
First Poster
Options

Have just received the latest Firmware 1241 for my 2016 KS TV.

This had changed all the TV preset colours, The picture appears to have lost its vibrancy and seems very dull.

Just wondered if anyone else has this issue and what settings you use.

Model is a 2016 49KS7000

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
DarkAlex
First Poster
Options

Hi, It depends on the version of firmware you had before, in my case the first time it was updated the HDR + function was added, that function did not come from the factory and it works great when you are watching HDR content, if You are using this viewing function I recommend disable dynamic contrast and that greatly improves when you are in HDR + mode, additionally the image may have turned yellowish, so I recommend changing the color temperature from warm to neutral.

If you are not using any of the special viewing functions, I recommend you only enable dynamic contrast and that will bring to life all the content you see.

I hope I helped you, good luck with these options.

best regards,

0 Likes
reach449
Student
Options

I have nothing but problems since upate. The TV does not recognize my Onkyo Home Theatere anymore. Also does not recognize my Dish Network receiver either. I did an initial set up and it "sees" my Dish receiver after it says it it can't find it. I go thru set up and it shows Dish Network then. HDMI 1 is labeled "Dish Network". As soon as I turn off TV all settting is lost and I have to return to intial set-up and do all over again. I don't understand why this happened beside this update. I had no problems at all before this. My Onkyo was working alone with the TV; not anymore. I re-set to factory just now and did not help at all. Back to same problem as before.

0 Likes
Chez73
First Poster
Options

So after this update I enabled HDR+ but could not get the blacks as dark as before update, tried all different setting but still didn't look right, ended up disabling hdr+ and bingo blacks went dark again.

reach449
Student
Options
Don't know if this is the exact problem you are having, but......when I select Netflix from my Samsung Home Button some of my Netflix shows go very dark when they start playing. As soon as I go back to the Netflix Homescreen the screen brightens up again. So no I use my Fire TV to watch shows as this problem doesn't present itself then.
0 Likes