Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Live TV shortcuts in menu possible ?

(Topic created on: 20-11-2019 07:00 PM)
4KUHD
Explorer
Options

Hello,

My Samsung smart TV is connected to both the Cable system as well as a satellite connection.

To switch between Cable TV and Satellite TV I have to pres the CH LST button and then move to the

right with the   >   button on my remote.  Thereafter going down to make a choiche between Cable or Satellite.

I would like it very much to have 2 blue Live TV  shortcuts in the menu.   Live TV Cable and Live TV Satellite.

Is there a way to create such a second shortcut ?  

Having Live TV Cable  and Live TV Satellite shortcuts in the startpage would make things much easier

because I know how to switch by the above mentioned CH LST steps, but for my family members it is sometimes

confusing because when I watched Live TV Satellite and switch off, then the next morning my family members want to watch Live TV Cable, but when they do not know the CH LST steps they complain about it and say to me that the TV cannot display Cable anymore.

Therefore a way to add an extra Live TV shortcut would make things so much easier.

I have been searching through all the E-manual and internet but did not encounter a solution.

Does Samsung let one create individual shortcuts ?   And if so has it to be done by a service menu trick ?

I hope someone has encountered this before and could give me some practical hint how to realize this.

Thanks in advance and enjoy your TV 🙂

12 REPLIES 12
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @4KUHD 

Just to help us understand your set up a little better, could we take the full model code of your TV please? Has the TV got a sattelite tuner built in or is this coming from a seperate satelitte box connected to the TV by HDMI? Likewise is your Cable connection coming from a separate set top box, also connected to the TV by a HDMI connection?

0 Likes
4KUHD
Explorer
Options

Hi ChrisM

The modelnumer is a 50RU7172uxxh and purchased just 3 weeks ago and the R series are from 2019

I use the built in sat tuner  , so no external box is used.

Also Cable TV is connected directly at the antenna input and decoding is done by help of the CI module.

So no external equipment is used ( except the LNB at the sat dish )

0 Likes
4KUHD
Explorer
Options

In my reasearch finding a solution for my Live TV switching 'problem' I found a wonderfull solution.

In the App store I found a remote control app called MyTifi and this helped to solve the issue.

For only a few Euro's this app gives you Premium use and now it's capable of define macro's

Marco's are a series of commands which are send to the TV,  so every step it takes to switch from

Live TV Cable to Live TV Satellite is being recorded in this macro.

This way I made 2 macro's ;  Live TV Cable -> Live TV Satellite   and  Live TV Satellite -> Live TV Cable

When chosing the macro, the TV automatically takes all the steps and voila........

Switching back is done by the other macro and again bingoooo.

Wonderfull remote control app and by far the best I have tried for my Samsung TV 🙂

4KUHD
Explorer
Options

Switching from Live TV to Satellite TV for a recent Samsung TV with help of MyTifi

As described in my previous post the app MyTifi let's define macro's as a series of commands which are send to the TV in such a way that all the buttons pressed at the remote are recorded and saved. I try to explain ( both do and dont's ) how to configure a macro yourself and here we 'switch' from Live TV to Satellite TV

Of utmost importance in this example is the starting point; The TV should be at a Live TV channel with no other popup windows open. No smarthub menu bar, program guide or channel list should be visible on the screen; only the TV channel you're watching.

This is important,  as the series of command start from the active window and if i.e. the program guide is active, the starting point is from the program guide and the commands then give an unwanted result.

So, the Cable TV channel is now only active  and you want to switch to Sat TV.
In MyTifi ( only the Premium version ) we connect to the Samsung TV and then choose  'slim'   at the bottom of the MyTifi start screen.
The next step is to choose  Macros   found almost at the right top.    We press + and you enter a name for your macro i.e. Cable TV -> Satellite TV.       If done,      you press 'Continue' and the macro recording starts.
Now we press 'Standard' at the bottom left,    showing you the remote control on your smartphone.
In the following sequence you press the following buttons:
CH.LIST ,   →  ,    ↓, ↓, ↓, ↓ ( 4 times ↓*)  ,   ENTER ( in middle of touchpad arrows)  ,  ↓  ,   ENTER  ,  EXIT ,   EXIT
* Although in some cases 2 down arrows already highlight the Antennasymbol on the right side bottom of the Channel List, it is wise to program 4 times a down arrow because if you only programmed 2 down arrows and the 'Favourite' icon is highlighted, you would ending up at the 'Sorting' icon and the macro will end up somewhere else when the sequence is finished.
The two EXIT programmed are optional, because both the Channel List and Menu Bar are
now gone and only the Satellite TV channel is displayed. However if you want the Channel List to be displayed to choose another  Satellite Channel, you do not program the two times EXIT.
Now you press stop recording and done.

The next macro you probably will program is the reversed one from Satellite to Cable and you simply follow the above steps, but the last 'down arrow' now becomes an 'up arrow'.

When you're ready,   you will find your own macros when tapping the Macros button in MyTifi.
You will notice a circled i right to your own macro and by tapping,  there is an option to play the macro in the 'standard time' ( this is the exact time frame you've needed for programming ) You will also see a Fast option.
However if the sequence is send too fast, the Samsung probably cannot deal with these high speed command series and ending up somewhere else.
In my case I re-programmed several times,  as by practicing you learn to program faster and nowadays I use the Standard time myself.

Maybe there is a difference in the response time from the various Samsung TV series, depending on the processor build inside, but just play around to haveyour best results.
Enjoy !

I do not have any relationship with the company which produced the MyTifi app, other than having a very quick and friendly response from Martijn about my questions.
Therefore I am a happy user of MyTifi and recommend this great app !

0 Likes
Nicolo_Paris
Journeyman
Options

I fully support this request. 

With Premium product (I have a QLED Serie 6) we should have access to the Different TV services rapidly, w/o creating macros on a smartphone app (thanks anyway for the suggestion)

Nicolo_Paris
Journeyman
Options

Dear Chris, could we have some progress on this topic ? 

There are 2 coaxial entries and many tuners on Samsung TV sets. 
we should be able to take advantage of all those tuners in a simple way.
I guess that the request of having 2 shortcuts on the launcher (Herzian live TV / Satellite TV or Cable live TV / Satellite TV) is a basic software solution that should be proposed rapidly. 

can you rever to us ? 

AndrasB
First Poster
Options

Hello!

I've got a Q7F series TV, and I've got same problem. How it's possible to use 2 Live TV iconx (one for the terestial, and one for the Satellite)? It will be good from directly from the TV remote controller, without an Android or IPhone application.

Q-easy
Apprentice
Options

I note that Samsung support is deafeningly silent on this subject for years.  When I raised it seperately myself way back in 2017. I got a reply, telling me to do what I had complained about, the 11 button presses required to go from Terrestrial (or cable) to satellite. ( see 4KUHD's macro above to see the sequence). Stunning, they listed this as if it was the answer. 

I tried a remote app with macro facility back then, unfortunately, the TV would vary in the time it took to receive a command, so it more often missed some of the presses.  I won't buy another Samsung unless this is resolved. A long press key like LG remotes would be perfect.

Q-easy
Apprentice
Options

This is something else I came accross a few years ago, when researching  programmable tv remote apps. There are direct network commands for the Samsung TVs, of this format, "KEY_VOLUP, KEY_MENU" and the like. These are programmed into the various remote apps you can download, such a ANYMOTE. There are command line utilities to be had which can send these commands directly to a Samsung TV, if you have the craft to implement them on a tablet or phone. The interesting thing about these is the list of commands, which are far more than are on the remote control, or on the app versions of Samsung remotes. The list is at the bottom of this resource,

https://github.com/openremote/Docume...msung-Smart-TV

Of interest are these commands;
KEY_AUTO_ARC_ANTENNA_AIR,
KEY_AUTO_ARC_ANTENNA_CABLE,
KEY_AUTO_ARC_ANTENNA_SATELLITE,

If you could add these strings to a programmable remote's commands along with the ones for VOLUME, etc, would the TV interpret it and change to Air, Sat, and so on.