Support

Open search

weak or no signal on my TV. Aerial and cable fine. What do I do?

First Poster

Just moved house and tried to connect my TV up to just run on standard aerial.  No other device connected but the TV won't pick up a signal from the aerial. Just says Weak or No Signal.

what can I do

7 REPLIES 7
JessL Moderator

Could you give us more info on this, @Joff

What TV do you have? Where did you buy this from? 

We'd like to help. :smileyhappy:

First Poster

Hi,

the tv is a LT24A350 EW/EN and was purchased around 3 years ago from Comet.

its been working fine on my sons wall all that time and been the best tv weve ever had for picture quality.

i removed it from the bracket last week to set it up in our new home and its not receiving a signal now. ive tested all the equipment at the new home and all is good. i even took the tv back to the old home and connected it up to the main aerial but still no signal.

please advise if there is a reset feature or something similar which may have been accidentally pressed? 

KellyM Moderator

Any luck if you go to: System > Plug & Play, and run through the initial setup again? You'll need to ensure the Input Source is set to TV. We also recommend connecting the Aerial cable when the TV is switched off.

If you'd like to try a full TV reset, press and hold the Exit button on the TV Remote.

Apprentice
Joff ive got same problem have to unplug the ALL IN ONE CONNECTOR and replug it then it gets signal, thats if yours has the new connector.
First Poster

Please advise me what to do.

@Joff 

Have been away from my property for a few weeks and have tried to connect my TV up to just run on standard aerial.  No other device connected but the TV won't pick up a signal from the aerial. Just says Weak or No Signal.

what can I do

I have the same error message at my housesit. The tv was working fine this morning.
What's the ALL IN ONE CONNECTOR? I don't want to reset anything in case I disconnect something the owners have customised, but I'd like to fix it before they get home tomorrow morning!

@Joff wrote:

Just moved house and tried to connect my TV up to just run on standard aerial.  No other device connected but the TV won't pick up a signal from the aerial. Just says Weak or No Signal.

what can I do

Top Liked Authors