Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

tv video library still holds deleted video's

(Topic created on: 11-02-2019 06:31 PM)
Sjaak60
Student
Options

Hi there,

I have the UE49NU8000 tv for some weeks now. Cable connection to a router and on the same network with my pc.

I stream directly by using the video library on the pc, connecting to the source pc on the tv.

Then I select Video - Folders and there I will see the same folders as the ones added to the library on my pc. So far so good and pleased with the streaming.

The problem I have is that the following day, after having removed the episodes watched the night before, they still show on the tv. The only difference with the episodes still there is the thumbnail, which is empty for the deleted ones and a scene view for the ones present. Clear in the attached picture.

Renew in the options does not remove these episodes, pretty convinced they did before.2019-02-09 09.59.20.jpg2019-02-09 09.59.58.jpg

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Sjaak60
Student
Options

Let me be the one to reply to this problem myself.

After intensive reading in a huge variety of forums, my eye was caught on the word "Indexing".

Obviously when you read my text and look at the pictures, it is clear that I am able to stream from my pc to my tv. So I have done everything to make that possible, sharing, mediastreaming etc.

The problem for looking at the listing with also deleted files on the pc, boiled down to the fact that the location where you keep the media files, ie not the library but the actual HDD location, MUST be Indexed. So type Index options in the search field and add the location. Problem solved. :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Ol Griz
First Poster
Options

Hi, Sjaako60.  This is clearly my problem and it's worse, because the tv has reached its maximum read ability and will now no longer see new files added to the pc networked folder because it is filled with hundreds of deleted file references.  Can you explain the solution more clearly? What search field are you talking about and how do you add the location?  I assume this means the tv will be fed an updated and correct list each time the folder is accessed thereafter?

0 Likes