Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tv forgetting channels

(Topic created on: 05-12-2016 03:16 PM)
cheeker
First Poster
Options

My UE40K5100 has started to forget its channels when it was turned back on after being off for some time. 

Everytime, the setup process is reinitiated. What can I do to stop this? It's not what I was expecting from a brand like samsung. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AntS
Options

Hello and welcome, cheeker! :smileyhappy:

Can you give some more info about this? Is it the Freeview channels it's forgetting? Is it the same channels each time? What other devices do you have connected? And is the TV's software up to date?

0 Likes
mezza247
First Poster
Options
Same thing happening to my UE46ES8000. Turn on TV , no channels are recognised on Freeview HD - have to auto tune tv everytime I turn it on.
The TV hasn't had any cable or firmware changes - it just happened - one day it worked fine....next day re-tune tv channels......next day re-tune tv channels.

Also, the TV has lost Wi-Fi Settings and cannot access my wifi settings. It searchs for wireless hotspots, it finds the one from my house but is just displayed for 1 second and the menu disappears.

All Picture Settings that I changed when I first purchased the TV in 2012 are still saved. All hdmi inputs work fine.
Checked firmware today: running 2021......just downloaded 2022 to USB (cannot access Software Update Online) going to update to latest version...will post results when this is done.

I think my next steps will be to apply any updates to smarthub to see if everything is working there.

Keep you posted if I find out if these updates solve the issue.