Support

Open search

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

First Poster

Thanks for all your replies,i am a He,i have a usb hdd with lots of 4k /hdr/hlg demo,s  would i be correct in saying that these will show in there correct format? thanks for all the interesting comments

paul

Black Belt 

@tigernike1 wrote:

Thank you Paul very much for your fast reply,looks like i am buying a Roku+ stick,you have got me thinking now,am i correct in thinking that netflix amazon youtube etc apps on the tv show 4k hdr/hlg content correctly?

thanks paul

The Netflix and Amazon on board do HDR.  It is the on board iPlayer hlg 4 k that does not work.  That is why you need another device to get iPlayer hlg. 

Black Belt 

@tigernike1 wrote:

Thank you Paul very much for your fast reply,looks like i am buying a Roku+ stick,you have got me thinking now,am i correct in thinking that netflix amazon youtube etc apps on the tv show 4k hdr/hlg content correctly?

thanks paul

Not sure about YouTube,  but yes to Netflix and Amazon.  No Dolby vision though.  The Roku seems to work with iPlayer hlg.  Just a pity the on board app does not work. 

Voyager

@paul1277 wrote:

@tigernike1 wrote:

thanks paul

Not sure about YouTube,  but yes to Netflix and Amazon.  No Dolby vision though.  The Roku seems to work with iPlayer hlg.  Just a pity the on board app does not work. 

The YouTube TV app supports both HDR10 and HLG.

Voyager

@tigernike1 wrote:

thanks paul

The new Amazon Firestick 4K also plays HLG via its iPlayer app.  This and the Roku+ are a similar price so best to check specs and reviews of both to chose the best for you needs

First Poster

A massive thanks to all who have contributed to getting the end result. I have read every posting over the last year and learnt a considerable amount of stuff about tvs etc. I have taken and followed all your advice over recent months and now can watch superb iplayer images on my KS7000. Thanks so much to you all

Voyager
As a thank you to all the effort on this (and other) sites I have been sharing a link to the KS firmware that was given to me by our friends from the Italian forum.

Just a heads up that I will be removing the link tonight. So if there any last minute requests let me know via PM.
First Poster

Hi can u send me the link before u remove it, thanks

Highlighted
First Poster

Hi All,

Many thanks to you all for your replies,you have been most helpful,i look forward to watching some hdr/hlg material,by the way i think this tv is very capable of amazing pictures when fed the correct material,do any of the members have some of their best settings? that i could try?

thanks paul   

First Poster

Thanks for the link, downloaded update & Tv updated ok. will check out picture display tomorrow.

Top Liked Authors