Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 29-11-2018 12:53 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
rozel
Voyager
Options

@FINNU wrote:

So without the 1239 update those with an updated Roku + will no longer be able to watch HLG via the iPlayer app, without an Integral or equivalent

Ok,  so I update my Roku+ and am getting HDR HLG - job done!

Haven't a clue about Websocket stuff but cannot see my Sky Box not getting HLG when they start to transmit
0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options

Anyone that wants a link PM me. On my way home from work so will respond later tonight

blenky
Helping Hand
Options

@rozel wrote:

@FINNU wrote:

So without the 1239 update those with an updated Roku + will no longer be able to watch HLG via the iPlayer app, without an Integral or equivalent

Look that way.  I updated my Roku+ and with new 1239 firmware HLG works fine!

yonda1960
First Poster
Options
Updated mine this evening and tried Dynasties on iPlayer on my Virgin V6 box. This is what this TV was made for, the picture was stunning.
0 Likes
stevej190
Pioneer
Options

Thanks to @blenky I have the update. Before installing I did update the Roku+ software and as someone else reported, the HDR was then not engaged on Dynasties. It was back working though with this 1239.1 update so all good - it works! 

Christ, it’s been a journey!

Neil81
Explorer
Options

I have messaged @blenky for a copy of the firmware.

I'm really looking forward to trying it out, anyone able to pm a link?

0 Likes
Paoloc661
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

can you send me the link to download the new firmware 1239.1?

I don't find it in all internet....

Thanks

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Paoloc661 wrote:

Hi, 

can you send me the link to download the new firmware 1239.1?

I don't find it in all internet....

Thanks

If you pm @blenky he is sending g it to people or contact Samsung support. 

Paul

0 Likes
mrtickle
Helping Hand
Options

@yonda1960 wrote:
Updated mine this evening and tried Dynasties on iPlayer on my Virgin V6 box. This is what this TV was made for, the picture was stunning.

HLG HDR seems a waste for this programme though surely.

p184054_b_v8_aa

:winking-face:

blenky
Helping Hand
Options

Got the USB disk from Samsung today.  So hopefully those who also went down that route should be getting theirs soon as well.