Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 07-09-2018 12:08 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
Saverio571
MegaStar
Options
Not yet. The news say end of August / September
Saverio Casadidio
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Saverio571 wrote:
Not yet. The news say end of August / September

So don't hold your breath as it's the end of August now.  Can you tell us which piece of news this is and what source. 

Thanks

Paul 

TastyBurger666
Voyager
Options

Why would Samsung care about updating a TV which is aging substantially now they've already moved onto pitching their new 8k TV range?

I think we all know the answer to this one...all that's left now is to start seeing the apps disappear from the Smart TV hub.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@TastyBurger666 wrote:

Why would Samsung care about updating a TV which is aging substantially now they've already moved onto pitching their new 8k TV range?

I think we all know the answer to this one...all that's left now is to start seeing the apps disappear from the Smart TV hub.

I totally agree,  the update seems to be always just around the corner.  I only now believe what we are told by the mods here,  and they have been very quite,  which means to me no news.  That then begs the question where is this news coming from??? 

Paul

crashcris
Voyager
Options

I’ve just noticed that BBC’s Planet Earth II is now on Netflix in 4K UHD. And it looks terrific!

0 Likes
dunwell
Voyager
Options

Is it also in HDR or is it just the 4k SDR version that was available on the SkyQ iPlayer last winter?

0 Likes
crashcris
Voyager
Options

Looks like SDR only. But I’m happy with that. I have a JS set. So not able to display HLG. 

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@crashcris wrote:

Looks like SDR only. But I’m happy with that. I have a JS set. So not able to display HLG. 

Is not hdr10 on Netflix? 

Just anything,  I have a Nvidia Shield bought it a couple of years ago. There was no advertising about updates but as an Android you do get them. I was very pleased when a few weeks back it was updated to the latest Android 8. I also have a dennon 2200 AV receiver bought some years back. Again I was very surprised last week when it told me there was an update which would enable Dolby Vision and HLG support. All free and no hassle. The reason I say this it is to show how poor Samsung are in respect to updating their products!! ! 

Paul

crashcris
Voyager
Options

HDR 10 Is on Netflix however not on this title.

0 Likes
gfsracing
Navigator
Options

My tns tv has updated itself from 1220 to 1230 today

0 Likes